• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone 878UVII Plus Bluetooth gone missing...

Mubtennob

Hi all,

I have posted this on another person thread re firmware issues incase they have some insight but Id like to start a dedicated topic relating to this very strange issue..

I have a brand new UV878v2 Plus. But there is no bluetooth anywhere in the menu and if I set a quick key to enable it says "Bluetooth not install" in a big error box on the screen. Do these modules fail? The radio is literally 2 days old and only just got around to trying to pair the PTT BT button to find the radio doesnt seem to have BT...

Any thoughs or tricks? Is there something in a test mode that can enable or disable the actual module being seen? (The sticker on the back of the radio is def a UVII Plus with GPS and BT boxes ticked. Also, in the device info, there is no APRS or BT firmware versions, it stops at SCT 3258 Ver: V2.01.07BA (And even that sometimes disapears randomly...)

Ive emailed seller about a refund or replacement but they are being difficult thinking im an idiot that hasnt turned BT on.. Argh.. they dont understand it doesnt even show any firmware versions for the APRS/BT module in the device info.

IMG_20240713_141403.jpg

:( Please help...IMG_20240713_134353.jpg

Seijiin7

Premium Subscriber
Hi there. I don't know if this will help (I would expect the firmware for Bluetooth and APRS to have been pre-installed), but you can try installing the most current firmware for the main radio, and then there is separate updates of firmware for APRS, and another one for Bluetooth (and one last one for updated screen icons).

It is a bit cumbersome to do so, but that may correct the problems. There are good guides on how to do that on Bridgecom's website or I'm sure other sources have the same info available.

When I purchased my 878, it had all the firmware pre-installed, but all of it needed to be updated to be current.

I feel for you. The sellers often omit something, then get weird when you try to get it corrected.

Bill, NB8M

Mubtennob

Hi there. I don't know if this will help (I would expect the firmware for Bluetooth and APRS to have been pre-installed), but you can try installing the most current firmware for the main radio, and then there is separate updates of firmware for APRS, and another one for Bluetooth (and one last one for updated screen icons).

It is a bit cumbersome to do so, but that may correct the problems. There are good guides on how to do that on Bridgecom's website or I'm sure other sources have the same info available.

When I purchased my 878, it had all the firmware pre-installed, but all of it needed to be updated to be current.

I feel for you. The sellers often omit something, then get weird when you try to get it corrected.

Bill, NB8M
Thanks for thre reply Bill. Yes I tried all of that to no avail. The seller finally approved a return and I should be getting a replacement item. It truely seemed like it was an error from the factory and that particular radio had no BT hardware installed, or it failed. I only had the radio in my posession for less than 24hrs.

Hopfully thre new one will all function correctly.

rf_patriot200

Thanks for thre reply Bill. Yes I tried all of that to no avail. The seller finally approved a return and I should be getting a replacement item. It truely seemed like it was an error from the factory and that particular radio had no BT hardware installed, or it failed. I only had the radio in my posession for less than 24hrs.

Hopfully thre new one will all function correctly.
When you receive your new 878 there should be a label on the back, under the battery compartment which will show your options. Such as a black dot next to GPS and/or BT Bluetooth.

Mubtennob

When you receive your new 878 there should be a label on the back, under the battery compartment which will show your options. Such as a black dot next to GPS and/or BT Bluetooth.
Yes I know that bit, the last radio had GPS and BT ticked haha thats why I think either the board failed, or the person putting that radio together "failed" :p