• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AnyTone AT-578uv-Pro definitive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

weakbit

Hello,
1. If I transmit over my X200 Diamond Antenna to a Motorola DMR Radio on 2m - 3sec. the Audio is to listen and 3sec. failed. and so on.
2. Dual reception Sound quality compare with a Handheld Retavis RT82 and the AT578uv-Pro the RT82 is much clear then the not good AT578uv-Pro (worst quality).
3. If I receive i.e. 2/9 and on the 2nd Tuner a Simplex DMR - the Tuner will switch often to the 2/9 if a conversion is then there on 1/9 and no reception on the Simplex!
That mean if someone is talking on 1/9 there is no reception on the 2nd Tuner on Simplex direct - this is for a dual Transceiver useless!
I would like to receive the 2/9 on one tuner and on the 2nd tuner I would like receive my Home Frequency on 2m in DMR-Mode . But this is not possible and that mean that this Radio is useless. I thought that I can use it as two tuners but it is not so. :-(

Best Regards
weakbit

weakbit

After checking out the Problem with Version 1.11 and the Version 1.13 (this version is defect for communicate with Motorola DMR Radios)
Version 1.13 don't work with the AnyTone AT-D578UV-PRO <=> Motorola DMR Radios. It break up every 1 secound for a short time (no Audio).
Version 1.11 work with AnyTone AT-D578UV-PRO <=> Motorloa DMR Radio. That have no interruption! - We flash it back to V1.11 (Super! it works)

Best Regards
weakbit

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
Might be worth checking/disabling Talker Alias (Left menu tree under 'digital' tab.) TA is well known not to play nicely with Moto kit.

weakbit

Could this be after the Hytera vs. Motorola lost court proceedings?
I think that V1.11 was first and maybe AnyTone change the Firmware to a non compatible with MotoTRBO (DMR). The V1.13 come later and this version can't communicate with Motorola direct and also not over a Repeater. It is not important if a Hytera or a Mototrola Repeater.

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
It's unlikely. The TA spec was added to the DMR ETSI standard back in 2016, so isn't propriety to any particular manufacturer.

I've used firmware v1.11 through to the current version (v1.14) on my 578 and never had any issues with communication to other radios or repeaters, be they Moto or any others. I do however, have TA disabled on all my kit.

weakbit

We test it on 2 different repeaters (Motorols DR3000 and Hytera RD625) and in simplex direct mode between TA and Motorola. With the v1.13 it interrupted in every 1 sec. - a commnication was impossible. We test it with 3pcs of the AT578uv-pro and that seams to be only on the v1.13 and the v1.11 worked well with Motorola Radios. It depent not on the repeater - it is unimportand if it is a Motorola Repeater or a Hytera.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that if Talker Alias is enabled on the Anytone, it will not work with Mototrbo, through a repeater or otherwise. Basically the same behavior you are experiencing. Happens on 578 and 878. Disable Talker Alias and it should work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.