• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone anytone at-779uv

Firemandakota87

Premium Subscriber
can someone help get my at-779uv to read cause it will not read and there is no power going to it i didnt know if i need power going to it or not

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
You need to apply 12v power to it via a small battery or power supply. It needs to be powered on to communicate to your computer.

FKimble

Only mention of Pl or Ph is show below from cut/paste of manual, seems more like zone/groups than tones.

4.12 VFO Scan and Channel Scan
1. VFO scan: In VFO mode, press microphone key or key to start VFO scan . if the
radio has programm PL1, PH1, ,PL2, PH2, PH2 frequency( in the buttom of channel list), VFO
scan will between PL1-PL2 and PL2-PH2.
2. Channel Scan: In channel mode press microphone key and then press key to start
channel scan. Channel scan setting shall be programmed by PC software

Frank

Firemandakota87

Premium Subscriber
Only mention of Pl or Ph is show below from cut/paste of manual, seems more like zone/groups than tones.

4.12 VFO Scan and Channel Scan
1. VFO scan: In VFO mode, press microphone key or key to start VFO scan . if the
radio has programm PL1, PH1, ,PL2, PH2, PH2 frequency( in the buttom of channel list), VFO
2. Channel Scan: In channel mode press microphone key and then press key to start
channel scan. Channel scan setting shall be programmed by PC software

Frank
can you give more information plz

FKimble

I did a search for the radio model programing. The info pasted was the only thing related to your question. Do some searches on the model and maybe something will turn up. Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with tones. Seems like some kind of scan group to me. Good luck.

Frank

nd5y

It's probably two sets of Programmable Low/Programmable High search limits for VFO mode scanning.