• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AT-D868UV: My Review and Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Just a quick review on the 868, which I received a couple of days ago. My experience is limited and I have not done any transmitting at this time, but so far I am liking this radio (for the most part). I purchased it to use on vhf and uhf channels. I will be transmitting on both when I start using the radio.

Some general observations of the radio are: It feels solid in your hands. The way a radio should feel. The way I wish my Uniden scanner (bcd436hp) felt. Solid like the old Motorola HT-1000's felt. Size wise, I wish it was a little thinner and maybe a little longer. My hands are big enough where the radio feels too small in length, but the thickness of the radio (with the battery) makes the depth feel slightly too deep. No big deal, though. Display is very nice, as are the knobs, key pad and function buttons.

I have downloaded the latest software and firmware. Overall no major problems. Well, at least none that could not be fixed. I locked the radio up. A call to Connect Systems (where I purchased the radio), and I found out how to do a master reset, which corrected the problem. I actually locked it up (no display or anything) by pressing the center button down, which changes the Zones. Not sure why this happened but it hasn't happened again. However, it seems to lock up sometimes receiving weak signals. The radio will not change channels or even turn on and off, but the display stays on. I am not sure if it receives or transmits in this condition. A removal of the battery and replacing it works to reset it. Which brings me to an observation about the construction of the radio. My only real complaint (the size comment doesn't really both me that much), is the battery kind of hooks into the bottom plastic of the radio. It seems you could easily break this small section of plastic while removing the radio. I don't know what happens then. Nor do I want to.

Another comment I have about the radio is the scan mode. It scans SLOW. Not really sure why. I won't be scanning a lot of channels, but I would prefer it to scan faster.

The programming software for the radio is OK. I think any new software has a learning curve. There are some terms in the software and symbols on the radio that I am really unsure of.

With that said, here are some questions:
1) What is the different type of scan type options: They are TO, CO and SE. What do they mean? I believe the radio came with CO selected, and I haven't experimented, yet.

2) What is Stand By/ Waite Time?

3) Programming DMR- I have the frequency, Color Code and Slot programmed. I can't seem to find the Talk Group section. Where is this?

4) Also the hardware version. I am running Hardware Version 1.10 and Radio Data Version 1.00. I think I have everything updated (Firmware 2.18), but is the Hardware Version and Radio Data Version up to date? I saw on Connect Systems web page about Hardware Version 2, but I did not see that option.

5) What is the little "headset"/ "earphone" icon at the top of the display? There is also an "H" in a square, that I am not sure about.

And the last thing I can think to comment on is the display timing out. I am not a huge fan of the display going blank and not being able to tell if the radio is on or off. Scanning or not. Or on the channel you "expect" it to be when it is not.

Just a few comments about this radio. Overall, I do like it. It sounds as if AnyTone has made a lot of improvements since the initial release and Connect Systems was helpful when I made the phone call.

nd5y

1) What is the different type of scan type options: They are TO, CO and SE. What do they mean?
Probably the same as other Chinese radios.
TO - (TimeOut) Scanning stops on active channel and resumes after a timeout period (5 seconds or so) even if the transmission is still going on.
CO - (Carrier Operated) Scanning stops on active channel. When the transmission stops (carrier drops) it waits for the delay time (5 seconds or so) then resumes scanning.
SE - (SEarch) Scanning stops on active channel and remains there. You have to manually start scanning again.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
3) Programming DMR- I have the frequency, Color Code and Slot programmed. I can't seem to find the Talk Group section. Where is this?

>> Assuming that you have found the section to add all your Talk Groups (under Digital - in the tree view), the way to add a Talk Group to an individual Channel is to click on the "contact" bar, immediately above the Radio ID drop-down on the Channel page.

4) Also the hardware version. I am running Hardware Version 1.10 and Radio Data Version 1.00. I think I have everything updated (Firmware 2.18), but is the Hardware Version and Radio Data Version up to date? I saw on Connect Systems web page about Hardware Version 2, but I did not see that option.

>> According to Connect Systems, hardware version 1.10 is Hardware version 2 (2nd generation).

5) What is the little "headset"/ "earphone" icon at the top of the display? There is also an "H" in a square, that I am not sure about.

>> The headset indicates that the Digital Monitor function (promiscuous mode) is active; The box with H inside indicates the TX power level (High) for that channel.

And the last thing I can think to comment on is the display timing out. I am not a huge fan of the display going blank and not being able to tell if the radio is on or off. Scanning or not. Or on the channel you "expect" it to be when it is not.

>> Luckily, I have not experienced this issue.

John AC4JK

1enry1

info

if i not set in the Codeplug a RX LIST .....

is possible with this radio have a SCAN mode ?

a scanning in both channels (memory) both analogue and digital ?

if yes .... HELP in how mode i to do ? tnx 73

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
if i not set in the Codeplug a RX LIST .....

is possible with this radio have a SCAN mode ?

a scanning in both channels (memory) both analogue and digital ?

if yes .... HELP in how mode i to do ? tnx 73

You have to program one of the function buttons for scan. Then the radio will scan a list associated with that channel. The scan rate is very, very slow. On DMR I recommend using RX groups lists as it works much better then scan. On analog you are stuck with the very slow scan.

scan1000

Anyone know how to turn off the command prompt call ended message that comes up. Great if can be done via the radio itself. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.