• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AnyTone AT-D878UVII Plus programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelondoner06

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I am a newby owner of an AnyTone AT-D878UVII Plus, is there a way to download radio frequencies directly from this site to the radio or download to a excel file and then transfer to the radio? Im a wiz with computers, car engines but this has me baffled and could use some pointers, Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, one too many bumps to my noggin over the years have cleared out the intelligent parts. Nice to meet you all

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Not sure about the newest versions, but the previous 868 / 878 / 578 models will accept a properly formatted CSV file for import to the CPS. Suggest you examine an exported file from a similar radio to review the proper format so that you can rearrange the fields as necessary before importing. I expect that this might work only for analog channels, as the data for digital (DMR) channels will likely require additional fields.

Hit_Factor

Newest version does not import from RR. Previous post is spot on.

Don't get caught up in the exact model of your HT. Most of the CCR (cheap Chinese radio) CPS (customer programming software) are similar.

Use your CPS to export to CSV, this will provide the required format to you.

The videos at Bridgecomm and youtube, watch a bunch of those, and download a few codeplugs others have written. It doesn't have to be one for your area - if you are trying to learn. Look at several codeplugs, there are a lot of ways to do things, some work better than others. I've seen the same talkgroup listed several times in the contact list, if you see that it's probably not well written.

cliffr39

If you'd like I can help you figure out the CPS. Took a little while to understand it, but you'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.