• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone D868 Transmit Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have an Anytone D868 and I have the latest FW on the device. FW 2.39 and HW 1.10

I received my ticket in June 2020 though I was using this radio to monitor public safety for quite some time prior to that.

I am not on DMR with the Anytone and multiple times I have had users report that I start to sound underwater.

I was advised by a few that it was a possible issue with the radio in that of a bug. I am not sure if that is true or not so wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

I have started transmitting lower power where applicable, but, if this is not something I can hear myself, is there a way perhaps I could test it?

I was hearing about a parrot channel? TG9990 (or 9999) basically repeating back to you?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I can't say I've heard of muffled audio on an Anytone. I did have 2.39 on my 868 briefly, but went back to 2.37/1.37 (FW/CPS) as the CPS was creating a DFC file that the 3rd party contact manager application could not read. Maybe the mic hole between the 7 & 8 key is blocked or you are covering with your fingers. I don't think lower power will help other than not hit the repeater with the 5 watts and short antenna. Another possibility might be a low battery, so check the state of the charge when you get muffled audio. The radio should turn off if the battery gets below a specific voltage. Usually before that point is reached, all is working good, but can't say battery might not have some impact. 868 has been around for a long time with many updates to firmware. The last few have been around reception, not transmitting as I recall, but they could have broken something.

Quoting from you post below I'm not sure what you are convey. Maybe only using it in analog mode, which I don't think makes any difference. For a hardware issue I would focus on the analog audio chain in the radio before it gets digitized. In any case beyond what I would attempt fix myself.

"I am not on DMR with the Anytone and..."

slingshot202

Feed Provider
It's odd and I am not sure if I had seen this reply in my inbox, but, I have been using DMR regularly and I also am utilizing a hotspot and I am not receiving anymore complaints. I had some guidance on setting up the radio, so perhaps a setting change corrected something w/o even realizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.