• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone D878 no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hey everybody,
Yesterday I did some reprogramming on my D878 and now I have no audio coming through at all.
I'm sure/I hope there's probably a stupid setting that I'm overlooking, I tuned to the local NOAA weather frequency and nothing. I am sure it's in analog mode, no RX tone. This goes for either band/mode. The radio is completely silent. No audio no key beeps or anything else sound-wise. Any ideas?

I performed a factory reset, still no audio on NOAA WX. Full signal on RSSI.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
If you have a separate speaker/mic, see if that works. If so, the internal audio connection could be hung up. Insert and remove the cable several times to see if you can get the internal connector to re-seat properly.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
If you can't hear audio from the radio speaker or an external speaker mic, that pretty much rules out any problems with the internal speaker. So the most likely possibilities remaining are programming errors/codeplug corruption, firmware corruption or hardware failure.
Double-check your programming for possible problems with global-type settings that would affect the entire radio, not just a single channel. Since the problem appeared immediately after re-programming the radio, my money would be on a programming/codeplug error or hardware failure of the audio connection in the speaker mic/programming connector. Have you tried to re-load your codeplug? It could have become corrupted in the process of programming the radio.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I will try and reflash the firmware and see if that makes a difference. I performed a factory reset and loaded the original code plug that came with the radio and that didn't make a difference.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Well, I reloaded firmware and the problem still exists. I spoke to the seller and he will replace the radio. Thanks for the suggestions!
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.