Anywhere other than Radioshack to get a scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmundal

I have a friend who wants to get a scanner, and while he's probably just going to order one from scanner master, are there any places between Salem and Portland that sell scanners? Preferably with people that know about them? ;) I personally would like to play with a Uniden a little bit..

I have a friend who wants to get a scanner, and while he's probably just going to order one from scanner master, are there any places between Salem and Portland that sell scanners? Preferably with people that know about them? ;) I personally would like to play with a Uniden a little bit..

you can try and Google it.

jimmyc8000

Premium Subscriber

I would probably go where the best support is. I just purchased a scanner from scanner master only because most, if not all, of the threads on this forum say their customer service is great. I ordered the scanner last Saturday and it was here on Tuesday with regular UPS ground shipping.

mikepdx

HRO
Fry's sells a couple of models.
Sears also.
Check with CB shops at major truck stops.
and CB World in Albany stocks quite a few Uniden models.
CBWorld-Albany link

As far as people who know about scanners:
They're found right here at RR.

Last edited:

eahuntley

I second Ham Radio Outlet in Tigard.. They've got a reasonable selection, and will probably let you play around with them. Fry's has a few Unidens and some of them are on display, but I don't think they have batteries in them.

tmundal

Thanks for suggestions. Got a bc346xt from cbworld. Kinda dissapointed in it, but it will work fine as my feed scanner. I like the size and feel of it, but it's not nearly as fast as my psr300 scanning the same stuff... Side by side it misses alot that the gre grabs.

forget truck stops , if they have anything it will be like a bearcat bc-8 , ill third HRO but good luck

Ha, I laughed when I saw the BCT15X at the Arrowhead Truck Stop in Pendleton. Something other than a BCT8, I almost fell over in amazement. I think they wanted $270 for it and not many truckers I know would know what to do with it.
Rebel CB shop(Vancouver John) in Vancouver lists scanners on his business card. I havent been there in a long time though so I dont know what he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.