AOR 2600 MK 2 fron end overload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka9dvl

Not exactly sure when this happened but I turned on the reciever and NO Sensitivity
I'm nearly sure I took out a protective device
The reciever works much better when you hook an antenna to onde of the MW antenna pins
I see it's all surface mount in there But believe that there has tp be a protective diode or device in there somewhere.
Any Ideas?
If not AOR or Grove for repair? On somepolace else?

Thanks

KA9DVL

Fast1eddie

Call AOR USA in California. I've experienced excellent service and aside from parts availability for your older AOR receiver, that is your best bet for service.

ka9dvl

AOR AR8600 Mk2 (post correction)

sorry guys got brain reversal when i entered model number on earlier post
This is an AR8600Mk2

Not exactly sure when this happened but I turned on the reciever and NO Sensitivity
The reciever works much better when you hook an antenna to onde of the MW antenna pins
I see it's all surface mount in there But believe that there has tp be a protective diode or device in there somewhere.
Any Ideas?

Thanks

KA9DVL

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
Any Ideas?

Thanks

KA9DVL

Are you speaking of just the MW band? If so and you have split the case halves, it is very easy to bend the MW antenna pins (inside the radio) back 180 degrees when putting everything back together. Make sure they are visible when looking down the hole the MW antenna fits in. Also, the antenna should fit fairly snug.

Just a thought. I bought one on eBay once that the previous owner had done this to and didn't realize it. Got a helluva deal on what we both thought was a dead radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.