AOR 5000+3 Audio Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

commscanaus

Today I made up a fly lead using an 8 pin mini DIN connector to 3 separate shielded conductors that interfaces with the front panel socket ACC 1.
Using the manual for the correct pinouts, I have made a connection each for the hi level (line) audio, low level audio and discriminator (unfiltered) output, all tied the ground pin (8).

It works fine except that the audio on both hi and low outputs seems to come from before the squelch circuit.
There seems to be no way to mute the receiver audio when no signal is being received.
Because I wish to record audio using a P.C. sound card input with software that is sound triggered, the output from ACC 1 is not suitable.

To get around this, I am using the headphone socket through the P.C. and an external amp and speakers to monitor the audio.

Is there a setting that I have missed or a way to provide squelched audio from ACC 1?
Any help greatly appreciated.

The AR5000 is a magnificent radio, and is even more fun with the SDU-5500.

Commscanaus.

johnr5329

On the outputs of my 8200 there is a "Detector" output and an "Audio" output (pins 6 and 8 respectively on my Mk3). The Detector output "honors" squelch but only provides output for SFM and NFM mode.

The Audio output is always providing output without regard to whether there is signal present (ignores squelch setting). My understanding is that if one wants to use this output and only have audio when there is signal one would need to attentuate based on voltage of AGC pin.

I have not yet implemented this attentuation cabability but was planning on doing so at some point in the future.

Not sure if this helps you or is related to what you are experiencing.

majoco

Stirrer
I don't have access to the works 5000+3 now but from memory the HI and LO level outputs on the ACC1 socket are straight out of the detector/discriminator so that's before the squelch is applied - this is to extract best quality digital signal before any de-emphasis is applied. Isn't there a headphone level output on that ACC1 socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.