AOR 5700D Topic locked Regarding SD card required or not Required .

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub101uk

There has been a debate on if a SD card is required for the AOR 5700D to work , I have there for contacted AOR and many of its agents and they confirm that a SD card is not required . At the moment I can only read comments and cannot reply . So at the moment all the members reading this topic are getting the wrong information as you can see .

Ok to put this item to bed regarding the SD card fitted or not I have spoken to AOR in Japan via there agent in Israel this morning and emailed over 17 other AOR agents and they all have stated that you do not have to have the SD card installed here are some of there replys :- Hello again!
I have heard from AOR. Per AOR, you do not need the SD card to use the 5700D. The SD card is mostly used for audio recording and does not have any influence on performance.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with or if you have any questions.
Thank you,
Jessica Tam
Office Manager
SIGMATEK Advanced Technologies Ltd.
1 Hilazon Street, Ramat-Gan, 5252265 ISRAEL
Tel: +972 3 5755704
Cell: +972 52 3366212
Fax: +972 3 5757439
You maybe thinking what the hell does she know but as you can see she spoke with AOR in Japan . So onto the next company P R O - S. I. C. this company cover most of the EU so lets see what they say :- Many thanks for your email.
SD card is not necessary to make the AR5700D working fine.
SD card is just to save / Export settings and memories as weel as some "audio" files.
SD card doens't affect recevier performances.
Best regars
Fred
P R O - S. I. C.
1 rue des Augères
77520 Donnemarie-Dontilly
Téléphone : +33 (0)1.60.58.49.80
Fax : +33 (0)1.79.75.32.86
Contact@pro-sic.fr
So on to the next :- AOR main agent for Italy , Dear Mr. Brian,
the SD card is used only for audio recording (page 15 paragraph 4 "audio recording") and to store channels already present in the frequency memories (page 40 paragraph 12 " Receiver data backup and restore").
Rgds
David
RADIO-line snc di Davide e Fabrizio Avancini
Via Manzoni, 43
26867 Somaglia (LO)
tel. 335.62.00.693
web site: www.radio-line.it
codice fattura elettronica: W7YVJK9
posta certificata: radio-line@pec.it
I have lots more and they all say the same thing the SD card having the card not installed does not effect the receivers performance .
Which bring me back to my 5700D . The radio as we all know was sent up to Brian F to be checked and he confirmed it was deaf the video shows this .The radio was returned to me and was due to go back to the dealer . This being the case the box just sat in my hall way for about 5 days still as far as we knew it was still deaf . The day before I was due to drive to the dealer .I thought I would I would check to see what the radio was ok and no damage in transit but when I turned the radio on I was amazed to find that it now was working . Now this radio was bought in Jan 2020 in all this time it has never had a SD card fitted . So the radio is working with No SD card all this time . However now the radio was now working I thought it best to save the receivers settings on the SD card this I did .
So there you have it you do not have to have the SD card installed my radio was working for over 10 months with no card plus AOR have confirmed its not required . Just look in the 5700D manual please show me where it states PLEASE INSTALL the SD card .
Which brings me to manufacturers with all its agents if the SD card was required they would know .
So if you would like to see any more replys from AOR + its agents please let me know .
I do hope this now puts this topic to bed as who knows this receiver better than the manufacturers .

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Edit:

I'm gonna go ahead and back on out of this one.

Last edited:

sub101uk

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum but the form I should be putting this information is blocked and after I contact AOR regarding the matter its clear like I said you dont need a SD card install to use the radio .

Its clear that others can reply to the topic but I cant . Many thanks for all your help .

Brian

G4ZEK

sub101uk

Hi Mike W&S said again that the radio would work without a SD card but dont take just my word email them :- stephen.bunting@wsplc.com But so far AOR and all the dealers I have contacted have all confirm that the radio will work without the SD card being installed . My radio worked for 11 months before I installed my SD card .

sub101uk

All understood Mike you will get a reply from him or give him a ring : - 01702 204965 and like I said he will confirm what I am telling you just had 3 more replys all saying the same thing , The SD card does not have to be fitted and will work without . This is not a case of who is wrong and who is right its about people getting the correct information . Just had a second email from W&S just confirming the basic radio will work fine with no SD card fitted .

Just had AOR from the states they also confirmed that its not require to install SD card and not having it installed does not effect the receivers performance :-
Hello Brian,
The SD card will not affect the receiver performance, since the sole purpose is to record audio or backup/restore the memory data.
Best Regards,
AOR U.S.A.
426 W. Taft Ave
Orange, CA 92865

My thanks to the sites admin and I hope that the word does get out regarding the SD card .

G7HID

Wonder if another 5700D user would like to try removing the SD card in their receiver for a few days to see if it has a detrimental effect on the receiver - just in case it is an undocumented problem that AOR till now are unaware of ?

Mike

sub101uk

Well The 5700D has been out over 2 years so they should know if any problems as for my list I am up to over 23 AOR agents all telling me the same thing , The radio will work fine with the SD card fitted and the card is only there for recording audio + backup/restore and recording frequencies , I have the same on my IC-7800 and IC-7851 .

But this morning the agent in agent in Israel contacted AOR in Japan and they said that the card was not required for receive and it did not effect the receivers performance with it not being installed .

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You were banned from replying to the previous thread because of your bickering.

I think you’ve made your point clear and there’s no reason to start yet another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.