AOR 8200 Mark 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zguy1243

Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
313
Reaction score
6
Location
Calhoun Georgia
I am expecting my new AOR 8200 Mark 3 receiver to arrive at my house today. I am excited to get one as I have always drooled over the new mark 3 model. I was wondering if anyone else owns one and how they like it. After reading some of the reviews it looks like AOR has got all the bugs out of the design. I listen most of the time to the aviation bands, but just about anything that transmits is a interest to me. Look forward to any comments anyone has on the performance of the radio.

Thanks
Jody
KG4FVG
 
Last edited:

smr

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
I own one for more than 2 years now. I only wish the operating would be easier. You really need to have a manual next to you most of the time :(
 

oceans777

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
24
Location
Georgia USA
Ar8200

I love mine and airband recpetion is outstanding with an RH77CA. Don't dismiss HF and shortwave on the 8200 either.

A good wire strung up or even The Miracle Ducker with a decent wire attached will pull in a surprising amount on HF and SW. I use mine a lot and listen to everything from broadcast stations to aero on HF. Works great!

Enjoy your new 8200!
 

morfis

Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,770
Reaction score
1,087
smr said:
I own one for more than 2 years now. I only wish the operating would be easier. You really need to have a manual next to you most of the time :(

Somewhere online is probably a copy of a (double-sided) creditcard-sized function sheet I wrote when the AR8200 first came out. Was ported to all sorts of document formats by other people originally but I only maintained a doc format version myself. Fitted in my scanner's case :)
 

smr

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
morfis said:
Somewhere online is probably a copy of a (double-sided) creditcard-sized function sheet I wrote when the AR8200 first came out. Was ported to all sorts of document formats by other people originally but I only maintained a doc format version myself. Fitted in my scanner's case :)

Hi,

I only found this - http://www.aoruk.com/pdf/8200_qr.pdf

Could this be derived from your sheet?
 

morfis

Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,770
Reaction score
1,087
smr said:
Hi,

I only found this - http://www.aoruk.com/pdf/8200_qr.pdf

Could this be derived from your sheet?

No, mine was simpler and designed to fit it the case with my scanner, that is the official AOR document. IIRC it was called "AR8200 Quick Reference Card.doc" and had all the shortcuts that would be needed for general use.
 

cristisphoto

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
743
Reaction score
0
smr said:
I own one for more than 2 years now. I only wish the operating would be easier. You really need to have a manual next to you most of the time :(

Thats Actually good thing as per its complexity and not some simple wannabe LOL
I LOVE mine...
It could mean my life and I'd probaly still hang to her as a Im goin LOL
 

jvdet

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
Location
north jersey
my aor 8200 -3

needed repair sent to California shop - power control board failed - 3 weeks turn around - now works great ! this is a full covergage model from Japan - nno problem in them repairing
wish it would do digital dstar & or P25 but the the voice inversion card works great several agencies in my area use it regularly
 

gcgrotz

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
2,092
Reaction score
1
Location
Savannah, GA
I have the old 8200 mk-zero and I love it. Sent it back to get the rear case fixed after too many drops. It does work very well on air band, especially if you want mil-air coverage.

My strongest advice: get the software from BuTel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top