Aor ar 8200 mk 111

Status
Not open for further replies.

r460

Please can you help me.
I have the opportunity to buy the scanner which is 3 years old but has only been used for max 5 days. Its been stored with the batteries out of the unit I have been given 2 weeks to see if I like the unit before I buy it. I have been testing it today and I keep getting an error message coming up PPL error. I have read were this can be low batteries but it has new fully charged ones in.

Ubbe

If it said "PLL error" it could be a leaky capacitor in the PLL loop that feeds the VCO. It's easy to fix for a person that's familiar with smd component work. I think it was the AR8000 and not the AR8200 that had a delay time you could set to maximize scan speed. Setting the delay too low resulted in PLL error.

Check that the scanner is still spot on frequency by setting AFC on and monitor a channel that are GPS frequency controlled or sample some random channels. The frequency digits in the display will change to match the actual transmitters frequency. If all transmitters seems to be off an equal amount, then the AR8200 needs to be calibrated.

/Ubbe

r460

Thank you.
I am new to this so I am not sure how to do the second part of your reply. I am looking in the instruction book to see if I can increase the scan speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.