AOR AR8600 MK 2 - Dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
HI!

Can someone advise me how to make an LCD Dimmer adjustment on my receiver?

I've hunted in the manual and can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

Fast1eddie

AOR 8200 User Settings

To adjust the LCD dimmer setting, press Function key, then 7. User settings menu will open. Move the cursor down to LCD Brightness setting, adjust via whiz wheel or multi function switch down until you are comfortable with the setting. Hit enter key and you are are set.

If you have your manual, refer to it as you go along, I have had mine and a 8600 for years, and they still leave me scratching my head. A very robust and unique receiver but can be highly frustrating if you are not up on it.

Please advise if you have further questions.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Dimmer

Thanks very much, Ed. I can't tell you all the time I've spent looking at the manual. It does get frustrating at times, because while looking for that, I always am distracted by another interesting topic.

I love this radio, sensitive and powerful enough to draw in those weaker signals.

I'm in Central Jersey, and much of the area is rebanding in accordance with the government guidelines, APCO P25 is the way of the future. Uniden scanners are the way to go economically, and the 8600 Mk 2 doesn't get used as much, but still love it.

Thanks again for your help!

David

Fast1eddie

AOR 8200 User Settings

f you PM me with your mailing address, I will send you out a 8600 manual. Sold mine following my divorce for badly needed funds, but neglected to pass along the manual.

Miss my 8600 and when I become solvent again, I would like to get another. Kinda like the AR1, but my needs cannot justify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.