AOR AR8600 MK 2 LCD problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malty

Hi all, death pixels can be noticed on the display, which is very annoying. My questions are, from where I could purchase a new screen and what was the cause of the problem that I have. Appreciate all replies.

AOR-262

As the 8600 Mk2 is now no longer in production, sourcing parts for this receiver will be gold dust. Even if you were able to get a brand new screen, the precision soldering required to de-solder and solder the new screen could not be done accurately by hand. Something you could try would to to open up the receiver to expose the glass of the screen, then increase the screen brightness level to max., heat up the screen to a warm temperature by blowing a hairdryer directly onto the screen and gently massaging the screen with a lint free cloth (use lint free as other materials could contain minute particles of dust that could scratch the screen). The LCD screen is not listed in the service manual (see attached image below) - although the reference/part no. for the LCD screen is RCM6037H-A(LCD).

Try asking AOR themselves. Email AOR: info@aorusa.com

Good luck! :)

Screenshot (116).png

Malty

Thank you for your information, I followed your instructions and in a matter of short time , I had the whole LCD display back. I had noticed that the missing pixels was in a whole vertical lines. I assume that the cause could be because of the high humidity where I live, this is only my assumption. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.