AOR ARDV1 - Worlds Worst Radio !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwinking

When I saw the DV1 it reminded me of the AOR ar2500, as an after thought they put a piece of tin foil under the top as shielding, it was suppose to be stuck to the inside top of the case, after a few days with temperatures in the mid 80's the 1st summer, is probably when it came loose and was laying on top of the circuit board, not a good way for heat to dissipate, it had all kinds of issues, and the 1990 or 91 price was $500. , imagine that......, I made a promise to myself to not buy anything from aor ever again.
As the ar2500 scanned vhf it made popping / crackling noises, still have it sitting in a closet someplace., Aor should of been selling it for $49. in the USA, at $500. in 1991 dollars it should have worked flawlessly, just a few years earlier that's close to what a Yaesu 757 GX was selling for, when the GX II came out. I'd rate the ar2500 as a worst radio contender.

Last edited:

RFI-EMI-GUY

Was the Regency MX3000 an AOR product? It appeared similar. I had one if those as an early wide band scanner. It had a ton of birdies and radiated gobs of them from its case. I put aluminum tape inside the case to constrain the noise. It did work with an external antenna wish I oreamp and I logged many Milsat and ATS3 satellite ckmmunications. I bought a brand new Icom R7000 to replace it. Night and day difference.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.