AOR DV Receivers recorded files

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I will check to confirm this, but I think the AOR DV-1 records radio transmissions as one audio file with little, if any, metadata. I can also check the Icom IC-R30 and Icom IC-R8600.

73 Eric

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
I doubt very much whether you will find the AR-DV1 a suitable vehicle for your Program.

1. The information it saves regarding any '.wav' file is very limited.
2. The firmware just allocates an 8 digit number, as the NAME of the wave file.
3. It does NOT record the Frequency to which it relates, just the date and time created.
This quickly results in the information being almost impossible to 'trace'.
4. One cannot transfer the '.wav' files directly to a P.C. directly, and if one wants to do this the SD Card must be removed from the Radio.

As it stands the way the AOR AR-DV1 deals with saving '.wav' information in no way lends itself to being incorporated into a Database for future reference, mainly because of the absence of the associated Frequency information.

There is one Program (eSPYonARD) designed to actually control the AR-DV1 that has managed to incorporate a system that stores much more information regarding saved sound files, selecting / playing them via an inter-active list.

This list does include the Frequency the recording relates to, and other details.

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
I doubt very much whether you will find the AR-DV1 a suitable vehicle for your Program.

1. The information it saves regarding any '.wav' file is very limited.
2. The firmware just allocates an 8 digit number, as the NAME of the wave file.
3. It does NOT record the Frequency to which it relates, just the date and time created.
This quickly results in the information being almost impossible to 'trace'.
4. One cannot transfer the '.wav' files directly to a P.C. directly, and if one wants to do this the SD Card must be removed from the Radio.

As it stands the way the AOR AR-DV1 deals with saving '.wav' information in no way lends itself to being incorporated into a Database for future reference, mainly because of the absence of the associated Frequency information.

There is one Program (eSPYonARD) designed to actually control the AR-DV1 that has managed to incorporate a system that stores much more information regarding saved sound files, selecting / playing them via an inter-active list.

This list does include the Frequency the recording relates to, and other details.
Thanks for info. i expected that AOR DV Receivers can record more info from air and save it in csv or other file in additional to wav files.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for info. i expected that AOR DV Receivers can record more info from air and save it in csv or other file in additional to wav files.

Afraid not. No '.csv' file re. sound recordings This was raised with AOR right from the beginning, but they never replied. Even naming the '.wav. file with the Frequency + date would have been a big improvement.

The 'icing on the cake' would have been introducing USB communication which allowed the SD Card to be filly accessed whilst in the Radio, but again no progress with AOR on that either.

Good luck with your Program. No doubt it will prove useful but sadly not with the AR-DV1.

racingfan360

Hi! i am developer of UnidenWavPlayer(Uniden wav files player and organizer). short review
My program now support Uniden 436/536hp, SDS100/200, Whistler TRX-1/2, HomePatrol scanners recoded files.
I want to add support AOR DV recoded files in my software.
Can someone send me files generated by this devices?

As stated before the AOR only records to a single file. But AOR have a tool for the DV10 called LogExtract mentioned here: AR-DV10 | RECEIVERS | AOR,LTD. Authority On Radio Communications
When it works (it's flaky, but then it's AOR - so what d'ya expect) it acts a little like the Recorded Audio tool in EzScan for the TRX.

The R30 records individual wav files, writes some metadata (eg frequency) into the file name itself. Also generates a csv file with most metatdata in it.

Personally I think it would be really cool to have this incoporated into the Uniden wav tool...or should that be Universal wav tool?

deim

Afraid not. No '.csv' file re. sound recordings This was raised with AOR right from the beginning, but they never replied. Even naming the '.wav. file with the Frequency + date would have been a big improvement.

The 'icing on the cake' would have been introducing USB communication which allowed the SD Card to be filly accessed whilst in the Radio, but again no progress with AOR on that either.

Good luck with your Program. No doubt it will prove useful but sadly not with the AR-DV1.
aor receiver write info into files such as frequency, squelch code. extract this info not so easy as on whistler or uniden, but possible

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
aor receiver write info into files such as frequency, squelch code. extract this info not so easy as on whistler or uniden, but possible
Not included in the .wav file information, and it is these files he was asking about.

c0ne

Not included in the .wav file information, and it is these files he was asking about.
Recordings made on the dv10 do include this info in the wav files, but there is no documentation on how its stored. I did some reverse engineering on the tool used to extract this information.

deim

Recordings made on the dv10 do include this info in the wav files, but there is no documentation on how its stored. I did some reverse engineering on the tool used to extract this information.
This coding(0x73->09,0x71->08...) use only on DV-10?

Status
Not open for further replies.