AOR No Gap Receiver Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group , Just a FYI message , Want to let everyone know that AOR will not repair any of their no gaps full 800mhz band receivers unless the receiver is owned by a government entity. They will not repair one even if it is owned by a commercial electronics lab that does not use it for general receiving purposes. This goes for AOR USA and AOR Japan. So before purchasing a used full coverage no gaps " U " model or a used AOR AR One or any other full coverage no gaps AOR receiver one should take this into consideration.. The full coverage no gaps receivers usually are more valuable and sell for a bit more than blocked receivers but with the repair issue I would think that a blocked receiver is now more valuable than a unblocked model. Again , Just a FYI message .

Sonar

Interesting. Good to know.

What about those owners that may need to seek repair in countries where continuous coverage is legal?

AOR Repairs

I'm sure they will repair if legal in certain countries. They told me US Law prevented them from repairing the equipment. Icom will repair full coverage receivers for non government owners. AOR will not repair equipment missing the serial number label or if even one number is missing.

n1das

Gotta love radio frequency censorship under the illusion of privacy protection to help the cell phone industry make analog cell phones appear more attractive to uninformed customers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Gotta love radio frequency censorship under the illusion of privacy protection to help the cell phone industry make analog cell phones appear more attractive to uninformed customers.

Gosh, are there actually any analog cellphones left? Is there still infrastructure (towers) that support them? I thought cells in the US went totally digital years ago.

n1das

Gosh, are there actually any analog cellphones left? Is there still infrastructure (towers) that support them? I thought cells in the US went totally digital years ago.

No more analog cell phones but the cell phone bands in the 800MHz range are still required by law to be blocked out of scanning receivers. The whole thing is a farce to begin with. April 26, 1994 marked the end of the free radio listening era in the USA due to the cell phone frequency censorship taking effect.

Cell phone radio transmissions were legal to listen to prior to January 19, 1987 when ECPA '86 took effect. While largely enforceable, the law had a forbidden fruits effect where making it illegal to listen was cause to sit up and listen to find out what it was that people were not supposed to listen to. This eventually led to the cell bands being blocked from scanners to help the cell phone industry continue to perpetuate their commercially serving lies about privacy.

While analog cell phones are long gone I object to the law on principle. It set dangerous and grave legal precidents that say banning radio receivers and regulating what people may listen to is OK in a free society and the prohibitions are based solely on the contents of the communications monitored.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.