Apco-25 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratman3

I just bought the Radio Shack PRO-96. My local PD uses a digital trunking system APCO-25 with a frequency of 453.500. I have tried to program this into the PRO-96 following all directions, but I still cannot pick up transmissions. Am I missing the control frequency? Or what? What am I doing wrong?????

ratman3

City of Ladue, Mo. Using the data base on RR, the freq. 453.5 and 458.5 input. APCO-25. I am guessing I need codes or something else.

hill

Premium Subscriber
It is not a Trunking system, but just a conventional freq with digital P25. You don't need anything other entering the 453.500 Mhz. Make sure you don't enter the PL, since P25 will not work with a tone. Just enter it CSQ and should work.

Larry

Last edited:

N8IAA

ratman3 said:
My local PD uses a digital trunking system APCO-25 with a frequency of 453.500. /QUOTE]
As stated in the previous post, program the radio in FM mode for that frequency without adding any CT. It will decode the P-25 with a "DG" at the end of the first line. It will sound different than an analog (conventional FM) signal.
HTH,
Larry

ratman3

Thank you for your help. I have entered the frequencies as "FM" w/o changing the mode to CT, DC, ED or MO. Simply as FM. That is correct right? And that is all I need to do?

n2mdk

ratman3 said:
Thank you for your help. I have entered the frequencies as "FM" w/o changing the mode to CT, DC, ED or MO. Simply as FM. That is correct right? And that is all I need to do?

Yes it is

Status
Not open for further replies.