APCO 25 Phase 2 systems added to HomePatrol-1 Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Since Phase 2 systems can include Phase 1 voice channels, and the control channel is also trackable for Phase 1 calls, we released a database update this morning that includes Phase 2 systems (such as Skywarn). They will show in the scanner as "X2 TDMA" but for practical purposes, they are treated the same.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious what will come out of the speaker when the unit lands on a X2 channel. Or does it just skip over it like its not there?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1) It will not respond to X2(P2) channel grants.
2) Correct, TxWarn will be brought in as X2.

SABER3

Saber3
Premium Subscriber
OK, what is txwarn or skywarn? I have a partial understanding of the difference b/t phase 1 & 2 but if one of the sme's or someone could just bring me up to speed, i'd appreciate it much.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
TxWARN is an APCO 25 Phase 2 system that carries traffic for multiple public safety agencies in Texas. Skywarn is an association of amateur radio repeater operators that provide weather spotting during severe weather events.

APCO 25 Phase 2 systems have the ability to carry both Phase 1 (FDMA) traffic, which can be trunktracked by any digital scanner and Phase 2 (TDMA) traffic, which cannot currently be tracked by any scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.