APCO-25 Saint Peters, Cottleville, central county

Status
Not open for further replies.

waingro223

Does anyone know if the city of saint peters, cottleville, lake saint Louis, highway patrol, central county going to be going to digital? Cottleville and LSL share the same conventional frequency. Highway patrol is still analog, and all of Central County and EMS are still analog anyone know if they plan to upgrade or stay with the same equipment?

N2JDS

The quick and easy answer is...as far as I understand it, everybody in St. Charles county will be on the 700 system like O'fallon is, sooner or later. But as far as MSHP, I don't know their future. If you ask because of a future scanner purchase, I'd buy and be ready for them to be P-25/digital and 700 mhz trunked. I can answer for sure for EMS and Fire will be, but not until around 2012, but I don't know of time line for others.

ElGenio

Cottleville/Lsl really needs to really do something about their system. It seems like half of all transmissions from the Cottleville units are 10-1. This is not good for officer safety.

waingro223

I agree

I have the same problem listening to Cottleville and lake Saint Louis. I have my original antennae, one for my car, one for my moms truck, and a 800mhz antennae. I get the same problem on all of them. I am surprised they don't have a better system. They have a brand new police station a hummer h1 that retails for over $100,000 dollars but a crappy radio setup. I know its conventional and all which their is nothing wrong with that but half the signals are almost impossible to here. Don't make sense to me. And i totally agree with you about communications and safety. No communications, in the middle of nowhere broke down only armed with a Glock and a 12 gauge shotgun/M4 being attacked by the hells angles. Thats just a worst case scenario, the chances of that happening, are slim to none.

Last edited:

ElGenio

I wonder how much of a change there is in elevation between Cottleville and the repeater. I'm so close to the repeater I can hear it perfectly without the rubber antenna and it always pops up in close call mode. I'm guessing its that there is a lot of obstruction between them and the tower.

waingro223

I agree

I totally agree with you, I have 4 antennas. 1 for my car, 1 for a truck, 1 base station setup, and a aftermarket performance antenna that works a lot better than the stock rubber one. Cottleville has a brand new police station and a hummer h1 that retails for over $100,000 dollars! and they can't get a decent radio setup. I don't understand. But i agree some of the signals are so bad the dispatcher has to repeat it once or twice. that is not safe or any good at all. That needs to be improved asap but they don't seem like there in a hurry. Most of Lake Saint Louis and Cottleville like there public's services. communications is very important. We Americans almost all use communication electronically. Phones, Internet, tv, etc. Now i am all worked up and pissed, damn it. Time to take a break and a xanax.

Status
Not open for further replies.