• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Apco 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar9sm

Is it possible to make and apco-25 box that woud connect to the scanner something llke the super converter 11 was made?

Mike

n4voxgill

Silent Key
i don't know what you are trying to accomplish, but if you wll go to AOR you will see they have a digital converter, but it is limited to what it can connect to.

AVL

ive never heard of something like that but if you can do it good luck not many systems in my area are apco 25 yet so im still going analog for now

N

N_Jay

aar9sm said:
Is it possible to make and apco-25 box that woud connect to the scanner something llke the super converter 11 was made?

Mike

I assume the "super converter 11" is a band shifter put before the receiver.

The answer is NO.

If you could get the IF into a decoder like the AOR unit, then the answer is maybe.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
Speaking of a Uniden Scanner, just got a UBC3300XLT, which is similar to the BC250D. Technicially I do not have it yet, but It will be here Monday or Tuesday. Still waiting for it. Hope it was worth the money!

chewie327

owenmcc1 said:
Speaking of a Uniden Scanner, just got a UBC3300XLT, which is similar to the BC250D. Technicially I do not have it yet, but It will be here Monday or Tuesday. Still waiting for it. Hope it was worth the money!

You do know the UBC3300XLT is not digital, right? Other than that it is similar to the 250D. I only ask because you posted this in the digital forum.

Navycop

$400.00
Seems easier to just buy a digital scanner. Is there anything special you have to do when programming a digital scanner? Or do you just enter the freqs/TG and listen???

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Just enter and listen, no different than for analog.

kd7rto

For my purposes (90% of my listening is digital audio logging for later playback), the digital scanner was a waste of money, and the ARD25 was well worth the $400.

I first tried a BC796D with Trunkstar software (www.scanstar.com). Even with the squelch at full, I wound up with a digital audio file full of false squelch openings on multiple conventional frequencies. Completely useless. Adding an external preselector (Optoelectronics APS104) didn't even help. Now it all gathers dust.

The next system I put together consisted of an AR3000A, ARD25, and scanrec.exe. For trunking I add an Optocom and a Pentium I running trunker, though most of what I am interested in is conventional 162-174 MHz. This combo works very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.