APCO Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETMegabyte

I used to listen to scanners all the time, but when my local city moved to the new Motorola digital system, I decided the scanners were too expensive to continue to listen...

However, I recently came upon a deal for a digital P25 capable scanner and am trying to program it...

The place I'm trying to program is Nashua, NH... The "System Type" listed on this site is "Motorola Type II SmartZone"... When I set up the trunk system in my Pro-106, would that system type be "MOT 800/900" or "P25 Auto"?

I can't figure it out. Please help!

Highpockets

i used to listen to scanners all the time, but when my local city moved to the new motorola digital system, i decided the scanners were too expensive to continue to listen...

However, i recently came upon a deal for a digital p25 capable scanner and am trying to program it...

The place i'm trying to program is nashua, nh... The "system type" listed on this site is "motorola type ii smartzone"... When i set up the trunk system in my pro-106, would that system type be "mot 800/900" or "p25 auto"?

I can't figure it out. Please help!

Set it for MOT 800/900

ETMegabyte

Thanks.

Should I be setting all the P25 systems as MOT systems? The options I have are "P25 Auto", "P25 Manual", "MOT 800/900", "MOT VHF/UHF", "EDACS Standard", "EDACS Narrow", and "LTR"... Is there a description anywhere that tells me what each of these mean and when I would use them?

This whole digital thing is confusing as hell... I remember when scanning was simple. Select a channel, program a frequency, hit the scan button. Done.

I'm ready to pull my hair out. Everything I read online uses different terms for the same things...

Thanks for your help, though. Life-saver!

As high pocket said set it to 800/900 since your area you live in is analog and Apco 25

If you haven't already get software for it. That's the easy way to program it.

Last edited:

N8IAA

Thanks.Should I be setting all the P25 systems as MOT systems? The options I have are "P25 Auto", "P25 Manual", "MOT 800/900", "MOT VHF/UHF", "EDACS Standard", "EDACS Narrow", and "LTR"... Is there a description anywhere that tells me what each of these mean and when I would use them?This whole digital thing is confusing as hell... I remember when scanning was simple. Select a channel, program a frequency, hit the scan button. Done.I'm ready to pull my hair out. Everything I read online uses different terms for the same things...Thanks for your help, though. Life-saver!
The setting for your system, since it is a mixed mode of analog and digital, should be MOT 800/900. If it were a P-25 system, the setting would be P25 AUTO. MOT VHF/UHF, is obvious:wink:, EDACS Standard, Narrow, and LTR are other types of 'trunking'.
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.