APCO P25 Phase II on a BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmymartin

Premium Subscriber
My city and county has gotten bids on a new radio system APCO P25 Phase 2 will my BCD996P2 be able to monitor that system or will I have to upgrade and what cd will I have to get to upgrade my scanner anyway, I'm gonna have to upgrade my scanner for DMR

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Provided your locality is not going to encrypt their system, any scanner that receives phase II digital will work. With that said, if you want the DMR upgrade, the Uniden bcd536hp, bcd436hp, bcd325p2 and the bcd996p2 can all be upgraded to DMR. Whistler has a few scanners, as well but I am not as familiar with those models.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Remember the "P2" in the model name BCD996P2 stands for Phase 2 to differentiate it from the original BCD996T, which did only Phase 1. So in that regard you are good to go. Unless, as Todd mentioned they decide to encrypt any of the talk groups.

jimmymartin

Premium Subscriber
Georgetown Scott County radio

After reading more of the proposal they are currently operate on an 800MHz Harris Analog system with three four channel Multicast Repeater sites they want to reuse any current towers or equipment possible.The only comparable system in the country is Florida State Police and Mutual Aid with Lexington or University Of Kentucky integration with adacent counties, Northern Kentucky (Boone, Campbell, Kenton Counties)and or Madison County, Ky and KentuckyState- Wide radio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.