APD Live Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMPhillieFan

Just an FYI, the radio used to provide the live APD feed is 10-7....

The AFD feed will remain online.

Thanks for listening.

NMPhillieFan

Whats wrong with the radio? Anything I can do to help?

Thanks for the offer. I have had it for about 7 years and it was several years old when I got it. It powers on and off every few minutes (on AC power) and I have had to reprogram it several times over the past month, it just loses the profile randomly. I have put more money into it than its probably even worth today.

Lebowski

OG Member
Premium Subscriber
Donations

Kevin, are you willing to accept donations via Pay Pal or something for a replacement? I have my own radio but I'm sure the folks who rely on the stream would pitch in. If you're still willing to stream it that is. I know you'll need $1000 bucks.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
I am sure we can find a Mobile radio on ebay and get a power supply and ant. Or even a LPE on ebay for less then a $1000

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Yes they are pricey but with some digging you can find a deal

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I am always watching ebay and I am waiting for the holidays to pass before I jump on one. If we did a mobile yes we would have to get a power supply and ant. both of witch are cheap and the ant. can be placed almost anywhere as the radio is not going to be TXing. Just a thought and may work better as batteries on portables need to be used not just left in a charger 24 7.

AlbqRadio

bummer, Kevin. Really enjoyed and appreciated having it thus far especially since the AFD/APD channels were split out. Wouldn't be a bad idea to charge admission to the channels if it would help to recoup your operating costs and or repair expenses. Let us know what help you need...

claydogg

APD Feed 10-7

I have been listening to this feed on Scanner 911 (iPhone) for over a year, and am going through severe withdrawals since it has been down. I also am willing to contribute to the cause... let us know how we can help. BTW, what kind of scanner is required to pick them up?

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
No scanner you need a Provoice radio

I'm not sure I understand what you trying to say . Are you saying Albuquerque fire and the Albuquerque police are ProVoice and you need a ProVoice radio to pick them up?

NMPhillieFan

I'm not sure I understand what you trying to say . Are you saying Albuquerque fire and the Albuquerque police are ProVoice and you need a ProVoice radio to pick them up?

That is correct. They are using a ProVoice system and there is not a scanner on the market that can monitor ProVoice. A radio with ProVoice capability is required.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
OK we really need to get the feed up and going so if you want to help send me an email and how much you can pitch in and I will buy a radio and get it up and going. I have been watching a few going on ebay and I am thinking if we can round up $500 there abouts we should be good to go.

djones87401@gmail.com If you want to help out

AlbqRadio

I noticed that we had a constant average daily user count of 28 to 35 people. It would be great if each one of those was willing to kick in a few $$ and help out but I don't expect they will. I would hate to see 2 or 3 people kick in all the money so that 30 plus people get the benefit but that's just me.

I've never been a fan of any type of subscription fees but it would be the best way to distribute the costs fairly. There is clearly a strong desire to get the feed going by more than just those that have chimed in here on this post/forum. Any thoughts?

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
I am not one from fees and things but maybe a small yearly fee would help. With all the phone apps now too so its much easier to listen. There is a want for this. Maybe we should talk with the city. They give the media radios to listen scan what they are doing. Why not for a feed. We have a right to listen after all its our tax dollars at work right.

Status
Not open for further replies.