APD talkgroup purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggen

Hello all, now that the coronavirus has us on lock down, I figured I'd fire up my old BCD996xt and listen to what's going on. I have a few questions, and I hope you guys might be able to fill me in. (I did a search, but couldn't find anything. Sorry if I didn't search with the correct terms/this has come up ad nauseum before. I am a teacher, so I do not know the intricacies of public safety.)

I'm trying to organize my scanner, and I've come to the realization that I don't really know what all the talkgroups are for, so I am having trouble coming up with a logic for organization.

For instance, I live in Zone 2. I want to create a system with just Zone 2 APD talkgroups. I know I want Z2 Dispatch and Z2 Surv, but what about ACIC/SOS/TAC/CID? Similarly, there is an ACIC 1 and ACIC 2. I assume that these numbers has nothing to do with zones, but would Z2 officers use one over the other, or both...or neither? What are these other talkgroups (ACIS/SOS/TAC/CID/etc) used for?

I also live in AFD Station 26's area. Does Station 26 use some AFD talkgroups exclusively, or are all the talkgroups under AFD shared among all stations (or something in between)?

What's the difference between Grady Response and Grady Dispatch?

I also found the attached PDF online. Any insight into the logic of that programming would also be helpful, if only to better understand how public safety operates.

Thanks for any insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.