Apex Chemical Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Joined
Mar 28, 2004
Messages
355
Location
Richlands, NC
Hey Guys in Apex...

WRAL has a decent story on this incident and I was wondering if anyone (Read: Marshall) was monitoring VIPER to see who was using it outside of the normal players in that area....

Cheers
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,106
Location
Raleigh, NC
How did you know I would be monitoring this situation? :D
I have to head out for awhile but I will gather all of my monitoring finds
and post them a little later on :)
Marshall KE4ZNR
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,106
Location
Raleigh, NC
Ok just got home and still need to organize some of my monitoring info but this is some of what I have heard within the last 24 hours (BTW: both the Wake & Cary Trunked systems have gotten one hell of a workout)...

Wake 800Mhz System (aka VIPER):

FIRE OPS1 (32848 Digital) Fire Command
EMS OPS1 (34448 Digital) EMS Command (patched into Cary Mutual Aid 13 Analog)
AFD DISP1 (36640 Digital) Apex Fire/EMS Dispatch
AFD OPS1 (36656 Digital) Apex Fire/EMS Ops 1
MUTAID 2W (28048 Analog) Wake Mutual Aid 2 (Staging)
MUTAID 3W (28080 Analog)
MUTAID 4W (28112 Analog)
WCPS EM (33696 Digital) Wake Emergency Management
WCPS FR1 (33664 Digital) Wake Fire/Rescue 1


Cary 800Mhz System:
Apex PD Dispatch (7216 Analog)
Apex PD Tac 2 (7248 Analog)
MUTAID 13C (5136 Analog) (patched into Wake EMS OPS1 Digital)
MUTAID 14C (5168 Analog)

I know there are others but that at least gives you an idea of the extent of the comms during this event...
Marshall KE4ZNR
 

aa3qe

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
7
Several unlisted talkgroups on the VIPER system seem to have been getting quite a bit use. Here's some additional information:

VIPER:
- Fire Ops 1 is currently being used by the Hazmat Sector, including Hazmat Ops.
- Fire Ops 2 was being used for staging of county fire units last night, I'm not sure if it's still being actively used.
- Fire Ops 1-5 were assigned to this incident. (I believe they're all still assigned since new fire incidents are still starting on Fire Ops 6.)
- Talkgroup 38000 (unknown label) is being used for communications between the EOC and the shelters.
- PS Tac 39 (33936) is being used to relay police, EMS and fire calls from Raleigh to Apex.
- Events Adam 1 (784) sounds like it's being used by the command post, but I'm not sure.
- Talkgroup 4784 (unknown label) sounds like it may also be getting used by the command post, possibly related to Events Adam 1.
- WakeComm (26928), FireComm (33056), WC GOV 1 (7888), WC TEAM (33776) and WC FR1 (33664) have gotten occasional use by various users (WC1, EM, and others.)

Cary:
- Mutual Aid 12C was being patched to fire command in the early morning. I'm not sure if this patch is still in place.

-Samson
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,106
Location
Raleigh, NC
Talkgroup 38000 shows up with an alias/name of "WCHS 1" which is "Wake County Human Services 1"....and 38016 is "WCHS 2" which is "Wake County Human Services 2"...I thought I had already added them to the database but in my old age I could have forgotten :D I will update the database if needed....
Adam 1 (ID of 784) is being used for a non-related event...
Thanks for your submissions Samson!
Hope these updates help!
Marshall KE4ZNR

aa3qe said:
Several unlisted talkgroups on the VIPER system seem to have been getting quite a bit use. Here's some additional information:

VIPER:
- Fire Ops 1 is currently being used by the Hazmat Sector, including Hazmat Ops.
- Fire Ops 2 was being used for staging of county fire units last night, I'm not sure if it's still being actively used.
- Fire Ops 1-5 were assigned to this incident. (I believe they're all still assigned since new fire incidents are still starting on Fire Ops 6.)
- Talkgroup 38000 (unknown label) is being used for communications between the EOC and the shelters.
- PS Tac 39 (33936) is being used to relay police, EMS and fire calls from Raleigh to Apex.
- Events Adam 1 (784) sounds like it's being used by the command post, but I'm not sure.
- Talkgroup 4784 (unknown label) sounds like it may also be getting used by the command post, possibly related to Events Adam 1.
- WakeComm (26928), FireComm (33056), WC GOV 1 (7888), WC TEAM (33776) and WC FR1 (33664) have gotten occasional use by various users (WC1, EM, and others.)

Cary:
- Mutual Aid 12C was being patched to fire command in the early morning. I'm not sure if this patch is still in place.

-Samson
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,106
Location
Raleigh, NC
BTW: I don't know if I am annoyed or amused by the guys using Wake Gov1 (ID 7888 Analog)...sounds like they gave radios to 2 brothers as they keep talking about their families and private lives...don't know if they realize they can be heard :D
 

scannerpro

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
29
Location
Raleigh, NC
Is their any analog freqs from like in the 154Mhz Range that can be heard with a ground plane antenna from Smithfield, NC where I'am located. If so let me know cause I want to hear what;s going on in Apex. Thanks for any help.
 

aa3qe

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
7
I had a similar reaction to the two guys on Wake Gov1. Especially when they decided that they each needed handles. (I believe they ended up using "T-bone" and "Steakburger.") The excessive use of "over" and the prodding when the other one forgot to use it was amusing at first.
 

basstuba

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
322
25168 Public Works Parks & Rec this talk group was active last nite with evac ops.
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,106
Location
Raleigh, NC
aa3qe said:
I had a similar reaction to the two guys on Wake Gov1. Especially when they decided that they each needed handles. (I believe they ended up using "T-bone" and "Steakburger.") The excessive use of "over" and the prodding when the other one forgot to use it was amusing at first.
Yeah...that got old after about 5 seconds...I know they are somehow related to EOC operations I just don't know who they are right off...I know a buddy of mine who would know and I will find out soon :D

BTW aa3qe: If you don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow Garner is having its annual Fireman's Day....me and a few other radio buffs will be out there...feel free to PM me back if you need directions or further info...

And now here I am monitoring a drive by shooting in South Raleigh on Carolina Pines Ave...ops for that now on Raleigh PD Ch6 (460.625Mhz)....
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,106
Location
Raleigh, NC
basstuba said:
25168 Public Works Parks & Rec this talk group was active last nite with evac ops.
And don't think I have forgotten about you :D
Thanks for your updates brother and keep sending them in as you come across them...you are one of the few sources of info for your area and we appreciate all of your hard work!
Marshall KE4ZNR
 

ApexFD1909

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
48
Hey basstuba...How well did you pick us up on the Parks/Rec channel? I work there with the Town, im PM27 im 100% sure you herd a lot from me and PM3. We got sent to 55 to help get people into the parking lot until the explsions started to rock the ground so we all got moved to Olive chapel Elem to help get people parked and secure stuff there...Got to work 6pm last night and left 10am this morning...It was fun tho
 

aa3qe

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
7
Looks like things are finally winding down. The fire was just declared out and hazmat ops are ceasing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top