Hello,

Using a BCD436 with Sentinel.

Have a question regarding the “right mouse click” and
then “Appending” to a FAV.

I have created a new FAV, and would like to append a
few CC frequencies into it.

So, I go to:

Database\ USA\Massachusetts\ Middlesex\ Statewide\ Massachusetts State Police

I click on Massachusetts State Police, and I see a long list of Departments and Sites in the right hand pane.

It’s only the CC frequencies listed in one of the Sites, “Metro Boston Simulcast” that I want to copy into the new FAV list, not all the other Depts and Sites.

Can’t seem to do it.

Do I have to copy over the entire Massachusetts State Police listing ?

Or, is it that the copying over of one level up, or more, (also) required ?
(if so, how do I subsequently delete everything else that I’m not interested in ?)

How can I do the copying over for just the Metro Boston Simulcast ?
Anything else I would have to do re the Talkgroups ?

Thanks,
Bob

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Copying a single site is meaningless without the rest of the system to go with it. Otherwise you won't have any of the talkgroups.

Copy the entire system, and let Location Control turn off stuff out of your area.

marksmith

Append what departments and channels you want. Sentinel will automatically include all of the sites because those depts/channels could be on any.

Then go into your favorites list and delete those sites that you do not want to keep.

You can't just append a single site. You can only append departments and channels.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That's pretty much the way Sentinel works for these large statewide systems. There are too many variables that come into play. Someone picking an choosing may end up not getting the right combination of sites and departments. So its best for Sentinel to bring in all the sites and let the user deal with the extraneous ones.

The above is one method and there are a couple of others for you to consider:

1. Leave everything as it is imported and set Location Control to On for your MA state police Favorites List. The scanner will sort out what it needs to turn off based on your location. This leverages the power of the location based scanning. If you go elsewhere in Mass. you can enter the zip code for the new area and scan the appropriate sites and departments for the new area.

2. Assign Department Quick Keys for your sites, using one DQK for the site(s) in range of you and another DQK for the sites that are too far away. Then turn Off the DQK for those distant sites, leaving only the "local" DQK On. This too would be helpful should you travel elsewhere in your state.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I recommend #1. The whole point of location-based scanning is to weed out out-of-range stuff for you. And it gives you the convenience of being able to scan other sites if you are traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.