Apple Event Jan. 27, 2010 - Who's watchin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Anyone watching the Apple event on the 27th via the web (like crunchgear, engadget, macrumors, etc.).

Any guesses as to what will be released (other than the tablet)?

Just curious any Apple fans here!

N9JIG

Sheriff
It looks pretty cool, we were looking at Kindles and other book readers but wanted to hold off until Apple came out with their product. It looks like this would be the better choice for a reader, especially for the Mac/iPod user I am.

What I really want to know is if it will run existing Mac applications (I don't think so) or just iPhone/iPad apps (probably). Also I would have preferred to see a USB port or three so I could pop in my thumb drive or other accessory.

bezking

It looks pretty cool, we were looking at Kindles and other book readers but wanted to hold off until Apple came out with their product. It looks like this would be the better choice for a reader, especially for the Mac/iPod user I am.

What I really want to know is if it will run existing Mac applications (I don't think so) or just iPhone/iPad apps (probably). Also I would have preferred to see a USB port or three so I could pop in my thumb drive or other accessory.
I heard that it will run all iPhone apps native without any changes. And it will also have some kind of eBook reader built in...

Overall I was pretty disappointed.

Astrak

Yeah pretty much another lame Apple device......anyway HP plans to launch a Win7 device later in 2010 that will actually run an OS and support whatever you want to do with it.

searingxheretic

Premium Subscriber
Apple products are routinely too proprietary for my liking. The only positive thing that I could say about the itampon is that at least if you get one, you won't have to sign a contract for 3g service along with it.

The price is pretty reasonable as well. If the ipad was more of a computer rather than a glamorous iphone, I think there would be a really good market for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.