Apple (yes that apple) Building Bi-State MotoTrbo System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkewman

Well, it looks like the boys and girls at 1 Infinite Loop have licensed several frequencies in Sacramento, CA, Santa Clara, CA, Alameda, CA and Travis, TX. Yes, you read that correctly, Not Travis AFB, CA... Travis, TX.

According to their recent Licensing activity, in December 2012 they were granted a set of 450-470 trunked frequencies with the emission designation of 7K60FXE. That's 2 slot TDMA voice.

I haven't attempted to monitor yet, (and frankly, my PC that would be capable of decoding it, is out of commission anyway) but according to the DB, their site in Travis, TX is active.

Anyone receiving anything?

mkewman

Interesting that they're going to make such a big investment in a Digital Trunked system for simple security and custodial services at a call center in Texas. Then again, Apple is all about "if you're going to do it, do it right from the start" so I guess it makes sense.

Gosh I really gotta start saving up for a new dual core system so I can start doing more SDR stuff and Mototrbo decoding. I wonder what kind of stuff we'd be able to hear on the Cupertino system

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I wonder what kind of stuff we'd be able to hear on the Cupertino system
Probably your typical facilities and security stuff. It's like, you would think the R&D laser stuff over at LLNL on the analog VHF freqs would be interesting but it's pretty boring.

No one seemed to take an interest in Google's radio comms in the South Bay so maybe it's not worth noting.

Status
Not open for further replies.