Application status for callsign

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintypie

Out of curiosity I went through the FCC's application searches to see what the status of my recent tech test was. I was disappointed to see it not in the database yet. I noticed there was an application status search as well. I noticed that doing this search would show in process applications, however I was not here either. Should this be a red flag for me to get in touch with the VE that administered my test?

WB4CS

How long ago was it when you passed your test?

Generally it takes between 2 to 7 days for your call sign to be issued, but this depends on how the VE team file the paperwork. If the electronically file it's usually just a couple of days when the call is issued. Some VE teams still mail the paperwork in to the FCC which delays the process.

If it's been more than 7 days since you passed your test, I would contact the VE team to get an update and see if they've filed the paperwork for the test session.

I always like to mention in threads like this to be patient :) As an old timer like me would say "Back in my day" we had to wait 3 months for the paper license to come in the mail before we could get on the air. You think waiting a few days is hard, try waiting months!

By the way, congrats on passing your Tech test and welcome to the hobby!

k6cpo

Also, the ARRL VE teams send all their results by mail to the ARRL VEC at their HQ in Connecticut. This is going to delay the results a bit because the ARRL is receiving exams from all across the country.

There is really no reason why any VE team should be using the USPS for submitting exam results when the FCC has electronic submission available...

Status
Not open for further replies.