• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Appoved Motorola MURS radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I wanted to see if someone or anybody on here can post a list of FCC appoved Motorola radios for the MURS. It can be DMR radios or P25 or analog radios. Could someone put a list on here and thank you.

n5ims

Motorola has two FCC ID numbers for Part 95 MURS certified units.
AZ489FT3823
AZ489FT3831
I don't know what radio models those FCC IDs belong to.

See http://forums.radioreference.com/bu...t-95-compliant-murs-equipment-operations.html

Based on the users guide attached to the certifications:
* AZ489FT3823 is for models RDU2020 and RDV2020. RDV2020 is the VHF version in the series.
* AZ489FT3831 is for models RMU2040, RMM2050, and RMU2043. RMM2050 is the MURS radio in the series.

Would the Motorola BPR40 VHF work? My local Motorola dealer does not sell them seris of Motorola radios. They to low powered. They said it is like the frs radios. They also dont sell the CLS1110 or CLS1410.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
BPR40

The BPR40 does not meet FCC rules for MURS use because it can exceed 2 watts.The following statement is from Motorola concerning this.

For this reason, Motorola has created unique MURS models such as the RDM Series and CP110m Series
radios. These units are similar to and offer many of the same features as their “licensed” equivalents
(RDX Series and CP110 Series). http://www.buytwowayradios.com/products/resources/Motorola/RDM2020-Product-Sheet-3.pdf

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
My tech said that any VHF radio works as long as you lower the power on it.
You started this thread asking about a list of FCC approved radios for MURS use. Now you bring this to the table? There has been enough discussion of the specifics of Part 95 MURS requirements in these forums that it should be blatantly obvious to you that your tech gave you a really wrong answer.

rescuecomm

The BPR40 does not meet FCC rules for MURS use because it can exceed 2 watts.The following statement is from Motorola concerning this.

For this reason, Motorola has created unique MURS models such as the RDM Series and CP110m Series
radios. These units are similar to and offer many of the same features as their “licensed” equivalents
(RDX Series and CP110 Series). http://www.buytwowayradios.com/produ...ct-Sheet-3.pdf

Actually Motorola had been very active in the IB (licensed) 2 watt low power VHF handheld market long before MURS was created. They exerted a powerful influence in the final MURS regulations and did not want "hobby operations" on those frequencies. That is why the restrictive rules on radio power, channels, etc. were written in so as to protect low power business communications. It is not by accident that they have several Part 95 compliant models.

Bob

You started this thread asking about a list of FCC approved radios for MURS use. Now you bring this to the table? There has been enough discussion of the specifics of Part 95 MURS requirements in these forums that it should be blatantly obvious to you that your tech gave you a really wrong answer.

It was not blatantly obvious because I dont tend to go back and look at old fourms. I dont know much about the MURS to begin with. All I wanted to know is becasie I am on the frs and there are people across the street jamming me on it and I wanted to know what radios are appoved for the MURS so I can get off the frs.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
MURS forums

One of the reasons for the various forums is to provide a database of information that can be searched (top right corner of the RR page). You can get an answer very quickly without waiting for replies or opinions. FCC rules are very precise and not open to interpretation by outside "experts".

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
MURS

Are you using PL on the FRS radios? If not, a random pattern of transmit and receive PL tones and changing frequencies should discourage the trouble makers. It will take a little work, but should take away most of their "fun" and cause them to spend more time searching than listening.

I am using a PL and DPL tone but it keeps bleeding through because they are so close. They are using the GMRS anyway and I told the mom that they really should not being playing on those channels. Usually kids all use channel 1 with CSQ. Are you saying randomly program different tones on different channels to keep them away.

ecps92

Ahhh, so they are NOT jamming you, they are a Co-Channel user, attempting to use the channel at the same time. $tuff happens.

What ever happened to Drop Tone, listen for another user on the shared channel.... O Yea... ancient history, like so many other things. :evil:

I am using a PL and DPL tone but it keeps bleeding through because they are so close. They are using the GMRS anyway and I told the mom that they really should not being playing on those channels. Usually kids all use channel 1 with CSQ. Are you saying randomly program different tones on different channels to keep them away.

Ahhh, so they are NOT jamming you, they are a Co-Channel user, attempting to use the channel at the same time. $tuff happens.

What ever happened to Drop Tone, listen for another user on the shared channel.... O Yea... ancient history, like so many other things. :evil:

Yes what you said. I dont know what you mean by a drop tone.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Drop the tone means you're supposed to listen in CSQ before you TX but as was alluded to, people really don't follow that rule much any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.