Appropriate Adaptplug for RadioShack Pro-51

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
I received a RadioShack Pro-51 from my father with no charger. He had a charger in the past but got a new scanner and had his local RadioShack swap the plugs (and who knows what RadioShack did with the old ones).

Thanks

exportdawg

I received a RadioShack Pro-51 from my father with no charger. He had a charger in the past but got a new scanner and had his local RadioShack swap the plugs (and who knows what RadioShack did with the old ones).

Thanks

AC Adapter 9V DC 300 mA output Model: 273-1665
Not sure what type of plug you need though. Maybe google the scanner model and ac adapter and see what you come up with. The spec above is from the Manual for that scanner

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Yes. The charger is still offered by RadioShack through the Enercell brand.

Enercell 9V/300mA AC Adapter : AC Adapters | RadioShack.com

I appreciate your response, but that is not what I'm looking for. Since RadioShack offers a variety of products that use the same chargers they offer a number of different barrel plugs that attach to the end of the charger cord that fit the different devices. What I'm looking for is the proper barrel plug for the RadioShack Pro-51. This is important because improper polarity will at the very least cause the scanner to not work properly and at the worst can damage either the scanner or the charger or both.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Take the scanner to the store. They will have samples of all the plugs to try on the radio. Start out with "M", "C", or "H" As far as polarity, the radio should have the information as to "+" or "-" tip.. Just lign up the word "TIP" on the end of the cable with the "+" or "-" on the tip as required for your radio.

Last edited:

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Take the scanner to the store. They will have samples of all the plugs to try on the radio. Start out with "M", "C", or "H" As far as polarity, the radio should have the information as to "+" or "-" tip.. Just lign up the word "TIP" on the end of the cable with the "+" or "-" on the tip as required for your radio.

Reading from left to right it goes "-", ".", "+".

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
If the "+" is connected to the dot in the middle it is POSITIVE TIP,
If the "-" is connected to the dot in the middle it is NEGITIVE TIP,

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to those who replied and messaged me. I found another user's manual and it stated what the appropriate Adaptaplug is (it is in fact the H plug as stated previously).

Status
Not open for further replies.