Apps for shortwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhkayakr

Anyone have any experience or comments on any of the apps by "Black Cat Systems"?
The have iPad apps for morse decoding, packet decoding, sstv decoding, acars decoding, weather fax, etc....
I was wondering if they work. Your supposed to place your iPad or phone near the speaker and it will decode and display on the iPad.

kma371

QRT
I used "morse-it" briefly. Don't know who makes it. It works but had to be strong signal with little noise.

Token

The author at Black Cat Systems does not participate on this board that I know of, but is active in other forums. I have used several of the apps, each I have tried does work pretty good. The author is a long time shortwave / utilities listener.

Detection programs that work with machine generated sources (digital modes) work pretty well, but programs to detect CW are bit more hit and miss. Also remember, anytime you are using an open mic instead of a line connection it is less than optimal. That applies to all applications, and is not specific to the ones from Black Cat Systems.

If you want to do this kind of stuff on the iPod/iPad/iPhone then your options are few, and Black Cat seems to have many of the bases covered, if you want to do it on PC the options are more varied.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.