April Fools = Bummed out in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhouk

Is it just me or are others completely bummed out about Uniden and Whister dropping the ball with their expected end of first quarter hardware/software releases?

n5ims

Is it just me or are others completely bummed out about Uniden and Whister dropping the ball with their expected end of first quarter hardware/software releases?

Actually, I feel better that instead of shipping something based on an artificial deadline, they're waiting until it's ready. If you read the many posts about what's wrong with the recently released scanners you may get an idea of what may happen when the ship date is more important than getting it right (not that they didn't think it was right when they shipped them, but obviously they did have some serious issues). Seriously, would you like something that actually works (and works correctly) or something "RIGHT NOW!!!"?

Now the issues are on the new Uniden scanners (and I do expect them to get them resolved), but if I were Whistler I would pay close attention to what happened with them and make tripley sure that the new line worked, and worked right when they shipped. If that takes a few extra months to do the necessary additional testing (of both the run for the beta testers and the actual production run) that's fine by me.

P.S. I'm anxiously waiting too, but would rather have a radio that does things correctly than one that has several major issues, especially if to afford the new scanner I had to sell off my old one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.