April OKC Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
So, are we going to try again for a date? Give up this time around? Run in circles, scream and shout? :D

Lessee... From all the previous posts, I think the days people were available were Mondays and Tuesdays except the 4th Tuesday. (I already have things going on Fridays so I took them off the list...)

Which only leaves next week, Monday the 28th, or Tuesday the 29th, since tommorrow will be 4th Tuesday.

Anyone that can't make one of those? Or maybe anyone that just wants to pick one and run with it? :p

I was going to say I didn't know what Old Chicago was, but then I got smart and Googled instead. Mmm, looks good! Also, their website says the I-240/Penn store is "Coming Soon" so I guess it isn't open yet. But they are taking applications! ;)

woodyrr

I predict severe weather in Oklahoma City on Monday the 28th because KOCO is going to try, for the third time, to have a McReady Weather Show at the Reed Center here in Midwest City. If the weather is decent at all, I’m going over there. They had fire trucks and stuff on display last year. My vote for a meeting date and place is Tuesday the 29th at Old Chicago in Edmond.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I'll second that! :)

Tuesday, 29 February, 7:00 PM at Old Chicago in Edmond.

That work for everyone (anyone?!) else?

For those (like me) who don't know where that's at:
1150 East 2nd Street
Edmond, OK 73034
Phone: (405) 285-6873

Directions:
2 miles west of I - 35 @ 2nd St. exit; 1/2 mile east of the Broadway Extension on 2nd St.; Front of SuperTarget/Lowes on 2nd St.

I hadn't heard about the weather show - not that I've been listening to anything that would have clued me in... Is it an "open to whoever shows up", or do you need to preregister somewhere?

woodyrr

n5usr said:
I hadn't heard about the weather show - not that I've been listening to anything that would have clued me in... Is it an "open to whoever shows up", or do you need to preregister somewhere?

It's an open event. Last year they did the 5:00 and 6:00 weathercasts live from the Reed Center and an interview or two and then they did a progam. Ronald McDonald entertained the kids, there were other displays, and they had weather radio experts standing by to program weather radios. I heard Rick Mitchell say that this year, the NWS was going to be doing something there as early as 2:00, however, I am unclear exactly what it is.

As for the meeting, I plan to be at Old Chicago in Edmond Tuesday evening.

okccsi

n5usr said:
Okay, I'll second that! :)

Tuesday, 29 February, 7:00 PM at Old Chicago in Edmond.

That work for everyone (anyone?!) else?

For those (like me) who don't know where that's at:

KX5MOT, you going to make it? I can be there.

woodyrr

MoparManor said:
Wasn't that 2 months ago?

Actually, it's 10 months from now so be sure to mark your calendar.

EDIT: The reality of it is that both n5usr and I both are caught in some kind of a time warp since There was a February 29 two months ago and there is no February 29 next year. I'll go back to bed now since I obviously shouldn't be trying to think.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
HAH! Never even noticed that! Dunno where that came from...

Oh well, I managed to make it on the right night anyway! Had fun.

My wallet is still gasping for air, though...! Don't think I'll be going there regularly, that's for sure!

fireant

My wallet seemed to have the same problem, but was good getting to see everyone. Hopefully Woody survived upgrading his firmware on his radio's. Plan to see everyone next month if everything goes right.

fireant

KX5MOT

Well i am disappointed that i could not make it, but it sounds like i might have had to sell a radio to eat there. Well it looks like my days off are going to stay Thurs and Friday for a while, so unless the meeting days change i will be SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.