aps system

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
ok i did a search for aps and verified the trunked system. however recption on the west side of yuma is not thaty great. Could thiier be a second trunked site for the area around the yucca plant?

Also, the trucks have 2 antennas, anyone know whats up?

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
APS System

ok i did a search for aps and verified the trunked system. however recption on the west side of yuma is not thaty great. Could thiier be a second trunked site for the area around the yucca plant?

Looks like the only listed site is on Telegraph Pass. If you have the ability to run Unitunker you could look for neighboring sites.

There is a thread about APS here that might help with site locations.

If you find anything, please post your results :wink:

Also, the trucks have 2 antennas, anyone know whats up?

APS uses computers in most of their vehicles so the second antenna may be for the second MDC receiver.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
After some further research, APS had a license for a trunked system at the Yucca power plant, but it was cancelled in 2006: 861.45, 862.45, 863.445, 864.45, 865.45.

They also have a conventional repeater licensed for Telegraph Pass on 858.475 as well as for 153.455, 153.59, at the Yucca plant, the E Gila substation and Telegraph Pass.

DesertRatt

Premium Subscriber
I have APS Telegraph configured in my BCD396XT as a Mot 800 splinter system cc only on 864.45000 and I don't have any problems at all. The key is splinter system. I have tried non splinter and reception is affected. To my knowledge, there is only one site in Yuma.

Status
Not open for further replies.