• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 4000 QC-II Paging Decode and Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4tdo

I am missing something simple in getting my APX 4000 to decode and Alert on QC-II tones.
I have a Conventional System set for QC-II with the correct tones in place.
I have a Conventional Personality set for the correct frequency and only my PAGING channel in it. With Signaling set to Quick-Call II with my Paging System selected.
I made a Zone with only this channel in it for testing. No scan or anything else.
This an an Analog one Repeater system.

It has to be something simple I'm missing.

Than ks Tim

k4tdo

Okay, I got this to work I had missed the Non Astro Call, Call Alert section.
One to glitch # 2.
I need this channel to not open for regular radio traffic. Only after paging tones are sent.
I have the Select Call and Call alert set to AND.

Thanks Tim

K2NEC

Is this the issue you're having?

k4tdo

My Paging Channel is not in any Scan List nor do I have scan selected for this personality or Zone.
I an attempting to get this channel to stay Muted unless pager tones are sent from Dispatch.
Some of "OLD FOLKS" like to sleep at night.... LOL (unless we are called)
Tim

nhfirefighter

You will need to check off “in call user alert” and something to the effect of call alert decode. Then program a button or menu item for vmute. This will allow you to mute the channel unless proper tones are received.

Your other option is with the new APX feature you can also program QCII decode under MDC personality so you get the best of both worlds without having a separate QCII and MDC personalities if you use MDC.

k4tdo

The Voice Mute (VMUT) was the key. I had it all going but that.
Leave it to Motorola to make such a simple thing, Sooooooooooo Complicated.
I only have 75 of of these to do for 5 different departments.
Wish me luck.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The Voice Mute (VMUT) was the key. I had it all going but that.
Leave it to Motorola to make such a simple thing, Sooooooooooo Complicated.
I only have 75 of of these to do for 5 different departments.
Wish me luck.

Presumably everybody in your area uses the same basic codeplug, with certain zones available to each agency for their specific needs. Once you get a properly functioning codeplug to use as a "base" it's pretty simple; just do a "save as" from the base codeplug, alter the parts that are agency-specific (QC2 tones and the zones/channels which are specific to each agency), and you're home free.

Status
Not open for further replies.