• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 7000 Scanning Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacabo

I have recently programmed my APX and when scanning I'm getting a beep when switching between channels. I have looked in the Scan Wide and Radio Profiles but didn't see anything that jumped out to me. Does anyone else know where I might find out where the setting is located?

zacabo

Radio Wide->Alert Tones->Scan Alert Tone Enable

Marshall KE4ZNR

My Scan Alert Tone was not checked. Is there anything else it could be? It's bugging me every time I hear it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 134

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Only other option I am aware of is "Priority Scan Alert":
Scan Configuration->Scan Wide->General->Priority Scan Alert.

Marshall KE4ZNR

zacabo

Only other option I am aware of is "Priority Scan Alert":
Scan Configuration->Scan Wide->General->Priority Scan Alert.

Marshall KE4ZNR

I don't have it set up for priority scanning. I'm scanning a non affiliate system and every time it beeps once the talk group keys up. I have another APX that does not beep while scanning. I'm going to try the comparison tool and see if it helps. Thanks for the replies.

zacabo

Just ran the comparison tool and it may be beeping because its not encrypted and is in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.