• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

apx 7000xe quick call II with ptt side tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

asage866

Ok so here's my problem, I have set up the entire radio for the conventional and what I need to do is put in my services 2 tone call alert and assign them to the specific dispatch channel to alert when a call drops.. we have 2 different station each with its own set of 2 tones. I need the radio to recognize both sets and alert on the same channel. I'm lost as to where to add it into the CPS software and then assign it to the specific dispatch channel. Also I need the ptt side tone as well when I go to transmit. The software is nuts on what it can all do and Im lost on this feature. Any help or walkthrough would be great. Thanks much.

ptfd13

I hope by now someone has given you the answer to your problem. However, if they have not I will do my best to help you out.

Load a codeplug or read a radio.
-Select the Conventional Configuration tab
-Select Conventional System tab
-from here select a system or just create a new one
-when this is opened name your system (I just call mine page)
-Select Quick call II as the system type
-Under the Quick-Call II tab in the call format drop down select A-B/C-D so you can input two different station tones in

Now that the Quick-Call II data is saved go to the Conventional Personality tab
-Select the channel you want to alert on
-once the channel info loads go to the signaling tab within that channel.
-in the Non-ASTRO box select Quick-Call II in the first drop down and the system number you created in the second drop down.

For the PTT Sidetone you need to do the following.
-Select the Conventional Configuration tab
-Select Conventional System tab
-from here select a system or just create a new one
-when this is opened name your system or leave it blank
-Select MDC as the system type
-Go PTT ID and select leading edge
-The next drop down manu should be sidetones
-Select PTT-ID Short side tone (this will make the radio sound a short "beep" after you press the PTT button. You can select PTT-ID sidetone for a longer tone or both for a tone then a "beep"

After this go into the conventional personality tab
-Select the channel you want the sidetone on
-go to the signaling tab
-go to the Non-ASTRO box
-Select MDC in the type drop down
-Select the system you created in the number drop down
-check the PTT IT box
You will need to do this for every channel you want the side tone one. Doing it for one will not do it for all.

From there you should be good to go. This is how I have mine set up and it works great. I'm still learning the APX software myself so if this doesn't work for you I apologize in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.