• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 7500 Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
I programmed a VHF P25 channel into my APX 7500 as a listen only. I can hear traffic on it fine, but after someone gets done transmitting I hear a series of beeping after the transmission. I this an issue with the radio or is it something with the programmed channel?

tyler3328

What is the beeps you speak of? Could it be MDC signaling or similar? Best to post a audio clip of sounds

RBMTS

That’s the CW call sign ID of the repeater. If the voice traffic you want to listen to is P25 digital then you need to slave it to digital only. My guess is that you have the receive in mixed analog/digital mode.

If it is an analog only frequency, make sure have PL receive enabled. Some repeaters will transmit the CW ID without PL. Some don’t so you might get that occasionally.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
Thank y’all for the help. It was set to mixed for some reason. Changed it and now I have no issues.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
If you are unable to identify a morse code transmission then you should have no business programming radios. Pretty much all commercial repeaters transmit morse code id at regular intervals.

I have hardly any programming experience and was able to get CPS software from my agency to mess with and learn. Thanks for the advice though.

APX7500X2

If you are unable to identify a morse code transmission then you should have no business programming radios. Pretty much all commercial repeaters transmit morse code id at regular intervals.

You were just bullied by the radio police..don't forget If you get PTSD from it, you can sue :)
Feel free to PM me any time with programming questions, I can answer in a nice professional manor

Last edited:

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
You were just bullied by the radio police..don't forget If you get PTSD from it, you can sue :)
Feel free to PM me any time with programming questions, I can answer in a nice professional manor
He wasn't bullied by the radio police. Without knowing the full scenario it's easy to assume someone is up to no good (often because they are.)

Now, knowing the OP has a legit reason to posses APX hardware and CPS there shouldn't be any suspicion.

K2NEC

Not picking sides here or anything but one should know the how and why of a radio before they start programming them. Not saying Morse code is anything new but it's also not rocket science.

For future references, Per FCC rules and regulations a repeater must ID no more than every few minutes, the way they do this is...you guessed it...with Morse code.

EDIT: I have tried to edit a few times because I don't like the phrasing. You get the idea

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I have hardly any programming experience and was able to get CPS software from my agency to mess with and learn. Thanks for the advice though.
How dare you try to learn something without already knowing other parameters! ;) You know, like thousands of other people who do not know Morse Code and program their radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.