• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX APX 8000 Bluetooth Compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
OTS (off the shelf) can work, some brands, like Plantronic and Jabra will connect as headsets. I have a tiny in ear Motorola hint tat even works with APX, but it has no volume control on the device, so that a PITA.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Just got this sucker, Motorola "Operations Critical" (not Mission Critical) Bluetooth headset for MotoTRBO. It pairs with my APX6000BN as COTS, has pretty loud audio for the style, and a female British voice asistant. I can't tell you how the PTT works on the thing, as my radio is programmed for Listen Only operation. Range in COTS mode is a few feet, so don't go expecting to so much as be on the other side of a door from the thing and not have it go all digital on you...the advertised BT 4.2 100 foot range is probably when operating in Operations Critical mode, but I had a Mission Critical BT RSM that couldn't sustain 33 feet line of sight and it was 100 foot rated.

Paul

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Just got this sucker, Motorola "Operations Critical" (not Mission Critical) Bluetooth headset for MotoTRBO. It pairs with my APX6000BN as COTS, has pretty loud audio for the style, and a female British voice asistant. I can't tell you how the PTT works on the thing, as my radio is programmed for Listen Only operation. Range in COTS mode is a few feet, so don't go expecting to so much as be on the other side of a door from the thing and not have it go all digital on you...the advertised BT 4.2 100 foot range is probably when operating in Operations Critical mode, but I had a Mission Critical BT RSM that couldn't sustain 33 feet line of sight and it was 100 foot rated.

Paul

Cool! I tried my JBL 650BTNC OTE headphones and they work flawless for TX/RX on my apx8000. I am going to try my air pods next

F5HPE

Bluetooth on the APX radios support the following protocols.
• Headset (HSP)
• Dial Up Networking (DUN)
• Personal Area Networking (PAN)
• Serial Port (SPP)
• Generic Access Profile (GAP)
• General Attribute Profile (GATT)

I believe most of the COTS products on the market use the hands-free profile (HFP). HSP is probably your best bet for COTS devices to pair to APX.

Hi Guys,
I have a APX with BT feature enabled and turned on.
Just for fun I paired my APX with my smartphone.

But I don't know now what to do with?
I can design some APK for my smartphone just for fun.
Do you have some info about those protocols?
Thanks

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,
I have a APX with BT feature enabled and turned on.
Just for fun I paired my APX with my smartphone.

But I don't know now what to do with?
I can design some APK for my smartphone just for fun.
Do you have some info about those protocols?
Thanks

Maybe you can pair it to an Echo and change channels by asking Alexa?

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The 5200 is the LOUNDEST BT headset you can buy. The mic quality is horrid, turns you into a robot with nasal congestion, (compared to the older Legend) but it can really pump out sound when you are on the highway or near pumper trucks.

Paul

F5HPE

Thanks for your comments.
I'm looking for command code and applications rather than head set and so...

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I don't know about hacking Androids BT stack, but I can assure you RR is not the place to find that info. XDA Forums on the other hand, they hack Android, so yeah, that would be where I would try for assistance.

Paul

F5HPE

I don't know about hacking Androids BT stack, but I can assure you RR is not the place to find that info. XDA Forums on the other hand, they hack Android, so yeah, that would be where I would try for assistance.

Paul
Hey Guy !!!
The target IS NOT to hack Android or ask Alexa !!!!
I'm on a Forum for radio, not for hacking !!!
I' just need to use my radio with a maximum of performance.
If your solutions are only Alexa or hackng,....
Not for me !

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Maybe there is a language lost in translation here. You asked for COMMAND CODES relating to BT profiles on Android. Since you cannot access or modify these inside the APX, you would be recoding the profile in Android. To recode and modify code the way you describe is called hacking.

Paul

Hacker
What is a hacker?
Although a lot of people hear the word “hackers” and think we’re talking about “cybercriminals”, a hacker is not always a bad guy. A hacker is just a person who uses computer programming or technical skills to overcome a challenge or problem.

F5HPE

Maybe there is a language lost in t.....

Perhaps you read to quickly my first post. I quoted

Bluetooth on the APX radios support the following protocols.
• Headset (HSP)
• Dial Up Networking (DUN)
• Personal Area Networking (PAN)
• Serial Port (SPP)
• Generic Access Profile (GAP)
• General Attribute Profile (GATT)

I'm looking info as I'm expecting to devellop an apk to match with this...

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I misunderstood...I think you may be enquiring how those are being utilized by the radio in order to find phone side uses for them?

Paul

F5HPE

Yes, my target is to make a APK I could share to make my phone to remotly drive my APX (Speaker, mic and PTT). Nothing more.
OK.?

Status
Not open for further replies.