• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 900 "COTS" Bluetooth Options Part II

stevethesteve

Hi. I'm new to this forum. It's unfortunate that the powers that be close old threads to new posts. Oh well.
So I came across this thread: APX - APX 900 "COTS" Bluetooth Options

And I was wondering if there were any other success stories to report.

I took a clue from the OP and went and ordered up some Motorola brand Verve Buds 100.
They did not even pair. : (

I remembered I had other bluetooth stuff... I had a pair of SURE SE215-K-BT1 Wireless Bluetooth Sound Isolating Earphones (Black) with RMCE Remote/Mic Cable.
They paired up and connected fine! I was happy, but I'm still looking for some earbuds without any wires.

For background, I have to monitor my APX 900 at work where I spend a lot of time doing office work while also attending zoom meetings or listening to music etc. through my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II (no they don't connect either) noise cancelling headphones.
So I would like to find some earbuds that work so I can wear just one in my right ear underneath my Bose headphones.

Randomly, I checked a co-workers Beats Fit Pro earbuds and they work. They are a bit pricey though and also the ones he had have a wrap-around thing that goes around your ear like a hearing aid which would interfere with my Bose headphones.

So far I've been using the clear pneumatic earpiece thing that anchormen and covert agents use (cheap on eBay). This setup is semi-comfortable, but it is wired, and through the codeplug thing of course which is not at all convenient to switch back and forth from.

So any updates?

Thanks.

soundguy215

Premium Subscriber
I also went down this rabbit hole with my XPR7550e. Couldn't get anything modern to pair with it. I think it has to do with the fact that they have Bluetooth 4.0, and even through 5.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible, it just doesn't work. I ended up biting the bullet on a Bluetooth dongle that connects to the accessory port. Works perfectly. And now I can bounce the dongle across all my xpr7xxx series and APX radios without having to re-pair the headphones.

Also, not sure if it would apply to you, but I use a pair of aftershockz bone conduction headphones, so that I can also hear my surroundings easily. They work phenomenaly well.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I also went down this rabbit hole with my XPR7550e. Couldn't get anything modern to pair with it. I think it has to do with the fact that they have Bluetooth 4.0, and even through 5.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible, it just doesn't work. I ended up biting the bullet on a Bluetooth dongle that connects to the accessory port. Works perfectly. And now I can bounce the dongle across all my xpr7xxx series and APX radios without having to re-pair the headphones.

Also, not sure if it would apply to you, but I use a pair of aftershockz bone conduction headphones, so that I can also hear my surroundings easily. They work phenomenaly well.
Which dongle did you get?

stevethesteve

Looks like a nice solution. Maybe not for me, but the bone conducting earbuds is a great idea. I had forgotten about them.
They sound like just what I'm looking for... sort of like having an extra ear or too since they don't block sound like you said.
I'll keep looking and report back if I find anything.
Thanks.