• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX APX Codeplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferryfan_ray

Hello, again, I didn't know whether to post this in my last post or a new one, so I just made a new one. Is there a was to find a new CPG with the FlashCode of R012RQ-211492-8, That I could write to my 7000XE?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What's wrong with the radio's current codeplug?

ferryfan_ray

What's wrong with the radio's current codeplug?
It has an ASK loaded into it, I asked the person who I did the trade with, and he said he can't remove it, I did check with a deputy in my area though, to make sure it wasn't stolen, and he said it came back clear, and I was told the only way to remove it, is to use Depot, send it in or use another cpg, but I can't send it in to Motorola.

talviar

It has an ASK loaded into it, I asked the person who I did the trade with, and he said he can't remove it, I did check with a deputy in my area though, to make sure it wasn't stolen, and he said it came back clear, and I was told the only way to remove it, is to use Depot, send it in or use another cpg, but I can't send it in to Motorola.
QA01648 Advanced System Key Enhanced Operation

This option appears in the flashcode....
As long as that option is there and the folks that shipped the radio did not uncheck the checkbox "ASK Required" on Radio Wide in the codeplug before writing....

Your only options are to either have the seller resolve that issue, or get a flash change to remove QA01648 and add QA01749, or to return it.....

As always YMMV, no warranty is expressed or implied with this message.... and information here is strictly my own and not my employer!

ferryfan_ray

Well...It turns out that this was a stolen radio out of a Pierce County (Browns Point Fire Department)in Washington State(My location) It is returned to its owner, and I am no longer in possession of it, and there is no way of getting my original one back

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Painful and expensive lesson to learn, but at least the radio is back with its rightful owner, which frankly is all that matters. Oh and you avoided a potential class C felony charge, so be grateful for that at least.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Jesus this post burns. An APX is potentially in my future. Due diligence for sure.

Do you feel comfortable sharing the seller info for the rest of the class?

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Jesus this post burns. An APX is potentially in my future. Due diligence for sure.

Do you feel comfortable sharing the seller info for the rest of the class?

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. APX radios are not cheap. If you find one cheap, you should scratch your head a bit and wonder what's wrong.

RocketNJ

I would still file a complaint against the person in case he ever surfaces. When I do trades on stuff I set up meets in front of local police departments. Most have a “safe internet trade” area that is under video surveillance. I also make note of the person’s license plate in case they give a false name.

Too many scammers out there today. Good luck!

ferryfan_ray

09EBDB13-5DE1-4273-A3F2-35EC18051B4B.png
And it’s listed on ebay

Attachments

• A0A5ED83-C9DE-4E84-B0FB-CFBC0FA8585B.png
    A0A5ED83-C9DE-4E84-B0FB-CFBC0FA8585B.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 25
  • ACB08A95-EAC2-45BF-87FD-D4AE3BCD7ED3.png
    ACB08A95-EAC2-45BF-87FD-D4AE3BCD7ED3.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.