• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX cps R20.00.04 not reading radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezap

Using a PMKN401A cable on a 6k R20.35 firmware. Using windows 10.

When reading the radio I get an error saying aplication has encountered an error.
The only thing I can think of is the cable is the wrong version.

ezap

Yeah it might be the cable then. Ive heard the A cables are a problem. Not entirely sure though.

ezap

Weird, will r20.04 work with firmware 20.35?
R21.00.21 was released on April 3rd. Check your MOL.
The A cables should work with APX6000/7000s. It's the APX900/4000s they don't like (along with the school bus aka MotoTURDO radio line)

Weird, will r20.04 cps work with a firmware 20.35 radio?

ezap

Gotcha. I cant for the life of me figure this one out. Radio goes into program mode then stops a second in. It shows up in the conected devices just as normal. Very confusing. Ive tried u installing and reinstalling cps, and various other trouble shooting methods. Thats why I landed on it must be the cable conclusion.

Anyone else ever figure out a remedy?

pwo0123

I had a similar issue working on a few apx4000's. I got it to work by uninstalling, then deleting the C:\ProgramData\Motorola folder. if it errors it usually means a service is still running. so you might have to stop the service first.

Also check and see if the uninstall removed this folder and it's contents C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME \AppData\Local\Motorola_Solutions,_Inc/
Then reinstall.

ezap

I had a similar issue working on a few apx4000's. I got it to work by uninstalling, then deleting the C:\ProgramData\Motorola folder. if it errors it usually means a service is still running. so you might have to stop the service first.

Also check and see if the uninstall removed this folder and it's contents C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME \AppData\Local\Motorola_Solutions,_Inc/
Then reinstall.
Thank you, I will give that a try. Also, when installing, I just go right to the setup application and install it that way. Perhaps im missing a step?

pwo0123

if you downloaded the standalone version of CPS you should be good by just installing that. Not sure if you're using RM or not.

ezap

if you downloaded the standalone version of CPS you should be good by just installing that. Not sure if you're using RM or not.

Im using a PMKN401A oem cable usb. And im not sure what rm is, I belive thats a wireless option. The cps just wont read.

pwo0123

If after the reinstall it doesn't work i would try re-downloading CPS. or grabbing the newest version. last resort throw CPS on a usb and install it on another pc and try to get a read...

ezap

If after the reinstall it doesn't work i would try re-downloading CPS. or grabbing the newest version. last resort throw CPS on a usb and install it on another pc and try to get a read...
Affirm, Just finished un installing, going to ensure all data is gone. Try on2 more time to reinstall. If not, ill try another computer. Really appreciate the help gentlemen.

pwo0123

might be too late but after uninstall and removing those folders do a search of "cps" or "Motorola" just to be sure everything is removed.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
What IP networksare you connected to when you are programming? Mototrbo default radio ip is 192.168.10.x, guess what my home wifi is? The same! So, when I try to program new radios while connected to my home wifi, the CPS fails. If it is this issue, you would have to unplug ethernet cables and disable wifi to be able to program. TT

ezap

Alright im up and running. I didnt realize I needed to enable RM in the cps. Instantly worked after that was installed. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.