• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX Speaker Mic Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschenavar

Wanted to run things by a few smarter folks.. I have a fleet of APX6000xe and APX8000xe all with XE500 RSM. I have a radio that prompted the message "accy hardware not available" and the radio will not transmit audio, it will key the radio, just no audio. Take off the RSM and it transmits just fine. I have researched and found that there was a Field Service Bulletin that addressed this issue but it leans more towards it being radio specific problem. I tested a different mic on the same radio and the message was not there. I tried the problematic mic on a different radio and it also displayed the message. My concern is that it is not a radio specific issue at this point as the bulletin would suggest.

Would you be thinking a mic replacement is in the works? Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Known good mic works fine on the radio in question. Suspected bad mic doesn't work on other radios. Seems cut and dry to me. Replace the bad mic.

Actually, I would swap the mic cord with the working mic to see if that is the culprit. Better to replace the cord vs throwing out a perfectly good mic.

Last edited:

aschenavar

Known good mic works fine on the radio in question. Suspected bad mic doesn't work on other radios. Seems cut and dry to me. Replace the bad mic.

Actually, I would swap the mic cord with the working mic to see if that is the culprit. Better to replace the cord vs throwing out a perfectly good mic.

Right on..I will give that a go next. Thanks

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

GTR has the right idea. Replace the cable (Moto Part number 30009402002)
XE500RSMCABLE.jpg

And chances are good the XE-500 control head will start to work again. Just a small screw at the base
of the XE 500 control head. For every 40 or 50 so cables I replace I have one control head fail. So the odds are the RSM cable is the issue vs the control head itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.