• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX TMS Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezap

Currently attempting to set up TMS on an APX (Yes enabled). I did get it working and on. My question is.. when sending to another radio or user, am I typing in the other radios P25 id? username? or IP address?

And another thing, anyone use TMS on their apx’s? any unique uses or comments?

dmichaels18

I have yet to attempt TMS within APX radios, however, assuming this follows XT series, you should be scrolling a list of Usernames.

Have you done TMS on other Moto platforms before?

Vince64

Did you programmed Radio Alias?
in Direct mode TMS seems to be not reliable. I lost some messages. If I send a TMS text when my colleag's radio is not in stdby mode (means he is touching the keybord) the TMS msg will be sent but not recevied.

Mr_Boh

TMS is best when it is used as part of a trunked system that can support it. From there it actually gives you an SMTP gateway which unlocks a ton of functionality since you can get creative with just about any application that can send/receive e-mails.

dmichaels18

I already do Data transfert from computer to computer.
Also Is there any solution to retreive GPS position?

He is not talking about computer to computer. The SMTP Gateway is a link between a trunking system and other systems, particularly email based or really anything you want it to do at that. Doesn’t have much to do with computer data transfer unless you do that via RF.

As for your GPS solution. Yes. With said gateway you can import location data to anything you like, such as CAD systems for PS. Another method of data is through the “Share Coordinates on TX” feature. Not sure if it’s labeled as that exactly, however, if I wish I could have my departments fleet doing that with no gateways involved, just a P25 Conventional system, which now that I think about it, I am not sure how it works considering I’ve got packet data disabled I believe. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this feature can elaborate.

Vince64

... Another method of data is through the “Share Coordinates on TX” feature.....
My radio are programmed to share position to one other radio in order to be displayed on the other radio screen. So now the question is how to pull thos info from the radio to be displayed on a map. Displying on a map is not a problem. The problem is to retreived the recevied postion which is displayed on the radio.

Mr_Boh

You would need a radio system that can support P25 LRRP. Different vendors have different components to support this as part of their systems. With Motorola, it is the IMW - Intelligent Middleware.

Status
Not open for further replies.