• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX/XTS Transmission drops??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would cause correctly programmed XTS/APX radios at random times to drop the first part of a transmission being received or not pick up a transmission at all? We use APX radios at work and I bring my own XTS radio most days and I have started to notice that at time one radio will receive all of the traffic while the other radio does not and vis versa. Both radios use the same control channels and signal strength is perfect. This does not happen enough to cause communication issues but it happens enough for me to notice. Any thoughts?

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
Are you scanning the system? How many talkgroups are you scanning? And are you mixing scan lists with conventional and trunking channels?

By programming too many "ACTIVE" talkgroups and channels, you will see a noticeable reduction when receiving transmissions. Also try not to mix Conventional and trunking system in the same scan list as this will also significantly reduce the beginning of transmissions.
Try limiting scan lists to only a couple primary active channels. The more you have, the more the scan list is gonna work harder and harder.

Another issue could be that you have "TX Inhibit" Enabled under the radio buttons/switches. I have encountered a few radios that had this setting that would miss large portions of the messages.

Hope this helps but if not, someone else may have some other insight.

drayd48

I see you said Control Channel which means you are scanning a trunked system if I am correct. Do you have Multi-system scan enabled? If you do, it will go back and forth to each system every couple of seconds and it will cause a delay. Also scanning slows down the radio from receiving transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.