• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauma74

I do not know if I have been living under a rock or something, because I usually know different models of radios, but I only just heard of an APX1000. Anyone have any information on this radio along with a price?

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Wow... I work with those radios every day, i've seen "APX1000" in motorola programs, but never really realised the existance... saw a picture, looks like the 2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trauma74

Yeah, I have never heard of one until yesterday. I cannot find any prices. Motorola says they these radios an economical choice for people who need radios on a P25 Phase 2 system. If the price is right, I might want to purchase one to use at my job.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I have them on my contract and purchased 2 of them recently as demo's for my end users. They are an economy P25 portable that is targeted towards those that don't need the high level bells and whistles. The only thing I don't like about them is the single knob volume/channel combination. The only way they come on a 2 knob version is in 900 MHz.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Just programmed 50 of them for a system. They are as other said low tier but ideal for custodians, garbage men, DPW and cases where a better radio is a waste

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Same radio as an APX4000 single knob, different firmware and less frills & features. Same housing, display.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The unit's are listed (MSRP) starting at $1350 (model 1.5). So for trunking, and radio you'd be looking around $2500 more than likely (just basing off MSRP here).

com501

So Motorola finally figured out what to do with those un-sellable single knob 4000s......

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Sub $1k price point? Not seeing it on my contract price list.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sub $1,100 on my County contract and includes in the flash P25 (FDMA only) & ADP. It also includes a single unit desk charger, belt clip, and 2 batteries.

I'm planning on purchasing around a thousand over the next year to retire the MT1500's that have been in service for a number of years that I originally purchased for $998.00.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
There is also a slightly defeatured/optioned APX1500, the less loved brother of the APX4500. I believe the APX1000 is also incapable of having BT in the flash.

Paul

DisasterGuy

May try one but it sounds like we are doing better with the XG-15p for those users with Phase 2 and all accessories sub $1k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

N1GTL

Database Admin
The only thing I don't like about them is the single knob volume/channel combination.

Agreed! The best work around I found is you can disable the dual functionality of the knob so it is only a volume control. Then, assign two menu buttons on front for Channel Up and Channel Down. Not as good as having separate knobs but it is the best option I have come up with.

SCPD

QRT
Unless missed, I assume it does (or does with flash option) P25 9600 baud trunking. The single knob is kind of a turnoff, I can see an accidental channel/zone change when trying to adjust the volume. Glad to see it apparently can use software keys out of the box as ASK's are a PITA. At $2500 or so it's not a bad price for a Moto APX line. Sure there other manufactures out there with equivalent models, but it's a Motorola and some of us are Motorola fans.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Unless missed, I assume it does (or does with flash option) P25 9600 baud trunking.

It can do 9600 baud trunking and TDMA, as well as singe key ADP.

We have around 40 APX4000 one-knobs in service at our animal control. They've had them since 2014 to replace their MTS2000s when we migrated to 7.14.

They have held up well. Honestly, the one-knob design is fine for someone like animal control who really don't need to be changing talk groups and the price is low enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.