• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX6000 screen goes dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireboy1475

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a strange issue and unable to identify the cause or the remedy.

I have multiple APX radios of numerous flavors. One one particular radio (APX6000) the screen will go dark and several TG's on the same system but not on others. Additionally it will not receive audio. It's almost as if it were in stun mode, but it's not.

Funny thing is I can import the exact same CP into a different radio using the same EID and no issues. Quite bizarre.

I have already flashed radio to newest firmware as well as completely rewritten the radio from a different known working radio.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hitechRadio

Agree^^^^^^

If your Importing and not cloning, some thing may not get transferred over kind of like drag and dropping. Although the radio profiles should get transferred/imported no problem.

But....just incase....
Check those specific TG's under.... (Zone channel assignment>Radio profiles Selection)

You can see what that particular radio profile settings are under (Radio Ergonomics Configuration>Radio Profiles).

Mine is set for <last selected> in all of my Zone Channel Assignments because I have added the ability to change the entire radio profile by adding PRFL to the menu items under controls.

It almost sounds as some of your TG's are set for covert profile, which is one of the default profiles in the radio when shipped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.